Soccer in Nashville

Nashtitans

Would also like to add. No matter what name you pick, I want the nickname for your team to be the "Strummers".  

That just works. Heck, could even be the formal name. Nashville Strummers or Music City Strummers. (add an SC or FC on there if you must)

Edited by dcluley98

Again...MCFC!  Music City Football Club...so we can lift "City til I die" from Man City....and launch Oasis' Rock n' Roll Star every time Nashville scores!  Come on City!  Anyway, I thought Nashville SC would be, pardon the term, "promoted" from USL to MLS as Ingram already owns Nashville SC.

Per John Ingram from the Tennessean:

The new team's name isn't picked, but Ingram said he's envisioned Nashville Soccer Club, the name of the city's new United Soccer League franchise that he also owns, becoming the MLS name as well. 

Edited by tragenvol
  • Like 1

Nashville Mayor Megan Barry reiterated Wednesday her belief that construction of a soccer stadium will revitalize and re-energize The Fairgrounds Nashville.

“This is a way, I think, for us to make sure we can build a world-class soccer-specific stadium and also do some other great things because we’re going to make other investments at The Fairgrounds, investments that are long overdue,” Barry told the enthusiastic gathering at the County Music Hall of Fame Wednesday, when Major League Soccer formally welcomed Nashville as an expansion franchise to its league. “And we’re going to keep all the existing uses out there — the flea market, the racetrack, the fair — but it’s going to be a much better experience."

https://www.nashvillepost.com/sports/sports-business/blog/20986824/barry-soccer-stadium-means-a-much-better-fairgroounds

• Like 3

14 hours ago, nashvylle said:

@markhollin Is there going to be any coordination with The Nashville Roadies to create a "Cellblock 303" for NashvilleSC?

I have a vision of some creative soccer chants, with Nashville Style. I'm imagining an entire stadium singing "Friends in Low Places" before every game.

There is a group of rowdies already working on all of that.  Can't recall their name, but I've met a few of them and they are passionate.  

• Like 3

16 hours ago, nashvylle said:

@markhollin Is there going to be any coordination with The Nashville Roadies to create a "Cellblock 303" for NashvilleSC?

I have a vision of some creative soccer chants, with Nashville Style. I'm imagining an entire stadium singing "Friends in Low Places" before every game.

I like it; I love it.  You know the rest.  Nice.

16 hours ago, Titans10 said:

That is there whole job, if you have ideas send it there way, or get involved. And regarding that song, when Inter Nashville played Chattanooga FC  here in Chattanooga us Chattahooligans sang that song to them :rofl:

I love that Nashville SC's colors are the same as the Preds. I almost wish the Titans would match the Preds as well and we could be the city of blue and gold. 

The Titans are changing their uniforms for 2019, but unfortunately the changes wont' be to blue and gold.

To me, it's looking more and more like Cincinnati will be the next city into the MLS.

Sacramento just lost two major investors and it would seem like their quest may be over.  Also, I think the delay in announcing the second franchise is to allow Cincinnati to tie up some loose ends on it's stadium plan. If Detroit were the preferred #2, the announcement would have been made already.

I think Cincy and Nashville would make great rivals, especially if the Columbus Crew do indeed move to Austin as it looks likely.  Atlanta, Chicago and Detroit would be next on Nashville's rivalry list.  And if Raleigh gets a team in the next round, they would become  a primary rival, also.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, PHofKS said:

To me, it's looking more and more like Cincinnati will be the next city into the MLS.

Sacramento just lost two major investors and it would seem like their quest may be over.  Also, I think the delay in announcing the second franchise is to allow Cincinnati to tie up some loose ends on it's stadium plan. If Detroit were the preferred #2, the announcement would have been made already.

I think Cincy and Nashville would make great rivals, especially if the Columbus Crew do indeed move to Austin as it looks likely.  Atlanta, Chicago and Detroit would be next on Nashville's rivalry list.  And if Raleigh gets a team in the next round, they would become  a primary rival, also.

Cincinnati is requesting $10MM from the state for infrastructure costs, which request will come in January. I am sure if that is included, they will get the bid. 

• Like 1