Soccer in Nashville

Nashtitans

On 12/29/2017 at 5:14 PM, PHofKS said:
The Fairgrounds campus is going to evolve from a dreary, asphalt and gravel desert with derelict buildings worthy of a 'Walking Dead' program to a lively, aesthetically pleasing place with energy and life and appeal. How can anyone not want what the stadium development brings?

I was at the Fairgrounds early last month for the  Vintage Market Christmas Buying Frenzy Extravaganza Weekend and would not shut up to my wife about what could and hopefully would be after an MLS announcement....needless to say, her excitement was contained as she is not a soccer fan.

Can we all agree to hope that the neighborhood's imminent gentrification will not negatively impact Santa's Pub?

Edited by tragenvol
  • Like 2

I know I could google this, but just incase other people don't know, could someone tell me what the whole SC vs FC thing is?  Pretty sure SC means soccer club, which to me makes it sound like a intramural/recreation team.  Are they different leagues? Major vs minor league?  Will the same team playing at the baseball field be the one in the MLS stadium at the fairgrounds 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, bigeasy said:

I know I could google this, but just incase other people don't know, could someone tell me what the whole SC vs FC thing is?  Pretty sure SC means soccer club, which to me makes it sound like a intramural/recreation team.  Are they different leagues? Major vs minor league?  Will the same team playing at the baseball field be the one in the MLS stadium at the fairgrounds 

SC = Soccer Club; FC = Football Club.  Nashville will begin play in the USL, United Soccer League in 2018; the USL along with NASL, North American Soccer League, are tier-two leagues below MLS, Major League Soccer.  An analogy would be the Nashville Sounds competing in Triple A Baseball compared to the Oakland A's in Major League Baseball.  NASL and USL may merge at some point in the future.

The same organization that will play at First Tennessee Park will play at the Fairgrounds, but with more highly skilled, highly paid players.

• Like 4

speaking of which, atlanta has done such a great job developing the city as a whole with regard to soccer. i'm super excited to see how the usl and mls will grow here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4eM0tcMzD4

Edited by e-dub
erm... i thought youtube links were automatically embedded?
  • Like 4

Signing a commitment to improve Nissan Stadium is an interesting development. How extensive would any improvements be? I really thought we were going to start hearing plans for a replacement for Nissan Stadium in the next few years but maybe it has longer than I thought. 

42 minutes ago, henburg said:

Signing a commitment to improve Nissan Stadium is an interesting development. How extensive would any improvements be? I really thought we were going to start hearing plans for a replacement for Nissan Stadium in the next few years but maybe it has longer than I thought. 

Seems very (intentionally) vague. Also I assume if there is a new stadium before 2026 then the point is moot as long as new stadium addresses needs of World Cup. This is just to button things up since they are awarded so early.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, grilled_cheese said:

When do single tickets go on sale?

I got online to see about single tix, but could only open a window for the exhibition game - Atlanta vs Nashville, for which nothing appears to be available.

1 hour ago, MetroTN said:

Are they playing all the games at First TN park?

Yes. At least that's what's shown of their recently released season schedule:

http://www.nashvillesc.com/2018schedule

I'm getting super stoked about this season. Cannot wait!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1