Soccer in Nashville

Nashtitans

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 1:58 PM, PruneTracy said:

Legally, state and local governments are barred from passing laws or ordinances that manage rail transportation by the Interstate Commerce Commission Termination Act. For example, it's not possible for Metro (or any other state/local government) to restrict CSX from operating at a crossing at certain times of day, or setting a maximum amount of time any crossing can be blocked by rail activity. They also can't do things like condemn rail property, apply building/zoning codes, etc. (Quiet zones are a Federal Railroad Administration initiative.)

Of course the feds encourage rail carriers to be civic-minded, so CSX could contract with Metro separately to not run their trains on certain lines at certain times. Naturally, in light of the lost revenue, that would come at a price.

I have seen trains stop for the Pegram 4th of July parade after a request from the city ahead of time. They can be cooperative. On the other hand, the have blocked the only access to an important subdivision for several hours preventing emergency access (which was fortunately not needed) for several hours.

13 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

Wow!! Wasnt Charlotte undefeated??

Yup, undefeated (2-0-1) and 1st place in the East with the highest number of goals so far in the young season.  Nashville played very well for the most part.  Charlotte had some flashes, especially in the 2nd half.  Nashville seemed to control the ball the majority of the game.  Looked much better than the Pittsburgh game.  However, the Pittsburgh game was a more "defensive" type of game.  Missed the Louisville and Bethlehem games.

Alan Winn was all over the place.  Especially the 1st half.  Scored the 1st goal.  Came back all the way to play defense in our goal several times.

Pickens with some huge saves, again.  Love saying Ainyode's name.  Ropapa with the late substitution and touch goal to ice the game.  Looks like Coach Smith has found some continuity in the expansion team.  We'll see how the next games go.  Nashville with 3 road games coming up.  First one at Indy next Saturday at 11am.

About ~7500 announced in attendance (not sure, didn't look like that many, but I didn't see the crows too often).  Not bad considering the weather.  Next home game against reigning champs, Louisville City SC on Sunday May 13 at 5pm.

Love that USL is live streaming games on YouTube.  Chromecast-ed to TV, great experience.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

Why even give these grandstanding clowns the press??  Ugh.

Yep. I debated posting, but figured we still need to rally MLS supporters to email Metro councilpersons and ask them not to blow this. It's pretty much unbelievable how utterly incompetent, people can be.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Maybe the desire to bring this monstrosity to MetroCenter is the hope  there will be some kickbacks from future development.

Reminds me of those rubes from hole in the wall villages who overturned Nashville's law to ban Airbnb rentals in residential neighborhoods. I wouldn't be surprised if they were paid off.

Edited by Ingram

13 hours ago, nashvylle said:

Is anyone attending (or know any info) on how DeCosta Hastings' info session on relocating the stadium to metrocenter went this evening? He had a meeting at 530 at Maxwell House Hotel today. 

They postponed it to April 24th. I hope it gets canceled altogether. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

I think this game was to be played in Nashville now it is coming to Charlotte (which we are happy about it) but what happened with it in Nashville?

Liverpool v Dortmund in Charlotte on July 22, per @SoccerInsider   will be officially announced this week. 

Hmmm... strange.  I dont recall hearing anything about it, but nice grab for Charlotte!

Edited by BnaBreaker

When are they supposed to get started on the new stadium?  I know we have some rogue councilmen stirring things up right now... but when were things slated to get started?  I feel like this will be a significant construction project and nothing seems to be happening in time for our future kick off.

• Like 1

Just now, TheRaglander said:

When are they supposed to get started on the new stadium?  I know we have some rogue councilmen stirring things up right now... but when were things slated to get started?  I feel like this will be a significant construction project and nothing seems to be happening in time for our future kick off.

No one seems to know and I wish it wasn't that way. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, PaulChinetti said:

A few replies up said the latest relocation meeting was postponed to the 24th. 

I'd say keep emailing your council people letting them know you want it at the Fairgrounds. 

I think legislation was filed, and relocation to metrocenter could be voted on at tonight's meeting. 

48 minutes ago, markhollin said:

Beautiful stadium, I've been following this project for awhile now, I imagine our stadium will be similar....that is if the council doesn't mess everything up. 

Edited by Titans10