Nashtitans

Soccer in Nashville

Is it standard to build MLS stadiums with the goal of other uses -- i.e., concerts or other stadium-type events? Is that the plan here?

27 minutes ago, Jamie Hall said:

Is it standard to build MLS stadiums with the goal of other uses -- i.e., concerts or other stadium-type events? Is that the plan here?

I would think that would be the goal of any stadium/arena built today. I think I saw that the Nashville SC would have 17 home games there. 

The rest of the year the owners/city/vendors want that sweet sweet money to keep flowing in so they will schedule as many things as they can.

Until the neighborhood starts to complain. Then there will be a hard stop like Ascend. Or something really crappy like losing Soulshine will happen. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jamie Hall said:

I don't know about the current renderings, but on the original line drawings the south end zone appeared to have a set of retractable seats/bleachers for a concert stage cutout, similar to Children's Mercy Park or BBVA Compass Stadium. It's not as obvious because the roof overhangs the entire seating section and not just the stage footprint, as at some other soccer-specific stadiums.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, NashvilleObserver said:

Everything's up to date in Kansas City. They've gone about as far as they can go. They went and built a skyscraper seven stories high, about as high as buildings ought to grow.

Crap, now that song's stuck in my head.   LOL