Soccer in Nashville

Nashtitans

Not much happened it ran 30 minutes over. 

The two actual good questions where brought up...

The amount of parking and where it’s going to go?

And where is the state fair going to live?

The composure of the planning people and Colby Sledge was off the chart. One guy  was just straight yelling and pointing in one of the planning people’s face.

@BnaBreaker I thought the exact same thing. I messaged Nashville S.C. on Facebook. They are 100% dropping the ball. 

• Like 1

The parking is still in the planning phase. Currently the plan is for around 6000 spots, mixed between street parking, garages, parking in the centerfield of the race track, the new lower soccer fields (which would be temp parking) and a few surface lots. 

The fair is on board with the current plan. I think they were just deciding where it would be on the location. That part seemed the most up in the air. 

• Thanks 1

I can't even find out how many parking spaces Nissan stadium has. 

Closet I can find is this page, which has about 6000 spots listed for use. The lots not listed, I'd say probably count for maybe another 2000-3000 spots? 

https://www.nashville.gov/Sports-Authority/Nissan-Stadium/Stadium-Parking-Lot-Use-Request.aspx

Soooo seems like 6000 for all the Racetrack, Soccer stadium, Flea Market, Fair, Mixed-Use would be plenty. Considering I can't imagine all of those venues having events all at one. I've seen, where the Soccer stadium would have 17 home games ( I assume not counting playoffs and preseason). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, PaulChinetti said:

I can't even find out how many parking spaces Nissan stadium has. 

Closet I can find is this page, which has about 6000 spots listed for use. The lots not listed, I'd say probably count for maybe another 2000-3000 spots? 

https://www.nashville.gov/Sports-Authority/Nissan-Stadium/Stadium-Parking-Lot-Use-Request.aspx

Soooo seems like 6000 for all the Racetrack, Soccer stadium, Flea Market, Fair, Mixed-Use would be plenty. Considering I can't imagine all of those venues having events all at one. I've seen, where the Soccer stadium would have 17 home games ( I assume not counting playoffs and preseason). 

I’m just thinking- 3 people per car = 18,000 plus ~ 2,000 for Uber less the number of spaces blocked by caravans from save our fairgrounds = not enough for 27,500 seats? 

Or should I assume 4 people per spot? 

• Like 1

Looks like 3.5 people per spot, from this article. 

https://www.athleticbusiness.com/more-news/designing-for-parking-and-fan-traffic-at-spectator-venues.html

Vegas county code says a 1/4 spot per person.

https://lasvegassun.com/news/2017/jun/02/parking-study-raiders-stadium-site-holds-only-15-p/

I'm guessing there would be satellite lots and people who shuttle in just like the Titans game. And business' selling spots. I wonder how you take that into account though?

Not sure what Metro codes requires though.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, nashvylle said:

I’m just thinking- 3 people per car = 18,000 plus ~ 2,000 for Uber less the number of spaces blocked by caravans from save our fairgrounds = not enough for 27,500 seats? 

Or should I assume 4 people per spot? 

I would guess about 3 per car. I don't know if it includes on the street parking along Craighead, but I think it may provide several hundred additional spaces. I'm sure local businesses will sell parking spaces for a price and there will likely be shuttle busses from various locations.

Edit; Paul ^^^^^ posted at the exact same time I did, so that's why we have duplicate info. His 3.5 per car is good info.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, PaulChinetti said:

Nashville S.C. and MLS are dropping the ball on this SO hard. 

I think there might be 5 people tops here in support. 

It seems as though they are either certain they have the votes locked in already, or that they are incompetent. Hopefully the former.

• Like 1

The investors should get rid of the 10 acre part of the deal, take it out of the equation and figure out how to make it work without it. That's the single biggest stumbling block IMO, drawing far too much anti-MLS/Fairgrounds attention. Probably too late, but I'm getting tired of worrying about this kind of crap on behalf of powerful, wealthy stakeholders who should be more than capable of fighting their own battles, and dealing with negative consequences if things don't work out. Hope we get MLS and hope it happens at The Fairgrounds, we'll see.
:unsure:

12 minutes ago, Flatrock said:

The investors should get rid of the 10 acre part of the deal, take it out of the equation and figure out how to make it work without it. That's the single biggest stumbling block IMO, drawing far too much anti-MLS/Fairgrounds attention. Probably too late, but I'm getting tired of worrying about this kind of crap on behalf of powerful, wealthy stakeholders who should be more than capable of fighting their own battles, and dealing with negative consequences if things don't work out. Hope we get MLS and hope it happens at The Fairgrounds, we'll see.

According to the ownership group, it's essential to the deal. 

I just pray the ownership group will cough up another $10MM for the land and be finished with it... but the fairgrounds people still will complain because they don't want any changes. 

4 minutes ago, Flatrock said:

That came up probably a grand total of once or twice, maybe. The biggest thing that came up repeatedly was the 2011 referendum, it was on the back of their shirts, and how everything that was happening at the Fairgrounds was illegal. One person also said the Fairgrounds hosts 700 events a year and is the #1 tourist attraction in Tennessee.

Literally everything else was the problem. It was/is mind boggling.

Let me set the scene...

1. Someone would raise their hand.
  2. They would state their Nashville bonafides. (I've lived here X number of years, my family has been here for 6 generations, etc)
  3. They would angrily ask a question.
  4. The person they directed it at would answer, 80% of the time, would explain to them how what they thought was happening was incorrect/not actually happening. (the rest of the time, it was we don't know yet, or this is how we planned to do it another way)
  5. The person would immediately change the subject to another question, go off on a tangent about how Nashville is changing too much too fast. 
  6. They would end with saying the stadium should go anywhere else, Metro center, Greer, etc. (yes someone suggested Greer, Colby nipped that in the bud in .3 seconds)
  7. Rinse and repeat.

I will say, two people brought up about where venders would be able to go along a promenade area and where they could set up, the planning people explained to them how this is where and how they could set up and be. And they seemed actually stoked about the possibilities. 

Favorite part of the night had to be a lately that was violently against the stadium being at the Fairgrounds, she was the one that recommended Greer, and obviously did not care for Colby Sledge, went off on a tirade about voting and knocking on doors and tried to start the chant "Knock On Door, Knock On Doors".

I feel like I'm exaggerating but my wife showed up towards the middle and she was blown away by the people and what they were saying, she thought I was full of it. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, PaulChinetti said:

What does that mean, anybody?  "Community benefits agreement"

The next steps are another planning meeting. Then the votes to demolish buildings and then rezoning.

It's basically an agreement between the developer and community for them to provide certain community needs/wants in the development. 

• Like 1

Some of these council people just do not understand what MLS will do for Nashville. I dont follow MLS nor could I tell you hardly anything about it but this is the sport of the future. 

Now granted I dont follow any other sport either because for me as its a total waist of my time. As a matter of fact I dont remember who won the Siperbowl, or the world series last year, nor could I even give you the teams that were playing in the NBA championships. Thats hlw close I follow sports, but I do know MLS is important for Nashville as a city.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

As a matter of fact I dont remember who won the Siperbowl, or the world series last year, nor could I even give you the teams that were playing in the NBA championships.

I mean I get the first two but the NBA Finals has been the same two teams for like the past twelve years.

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

Some of these council people just do not understand what MLS will do for Nashville. I dont follow MLS nor could I tell you hardly anything about it but this is the sport of the future. 

Now granted I dont follow any other sport either because for me as its a total waist of my time. As a matter of fact I dont remember who won the Siperbowl, or the world series last year, nor could I even give you the teams that were playing in the NBA championships. Thats hlw close I follow sports, but I do know MLS is important for Nashville as a city.

I am an avid sports fan and even I do not know who won the Siperbowl. When is that sucker even played. Maybe we can get it here once we build the new domed stadium to replace Nissan.  (Just yanking your chain, don't banish me to the pit of misery.)

• Haha 1