Soccer in Nashville

Nashtitans

Does anyone know how long people (meaning vendors, attendees, etc.) stay when The Fairgrounds hosts an event?

The reason why the flea market/expo center is being relocated to the southern portion is so events/games can happen simultaneously. 

but if there is a MLS game at 8pm on Saturday night, and there is an event at The Fairgrounds Friday/Saturday/Sunday, will the attendees have left by 8pm? Wondering for parking reasons. 

1 hour ago, nashvylle said:

- 27 votes needed (on 3rd reading) for demolition

- majority votes needed for rezoning, ground lease, and general obligation bonds

- votes taking place in August.

Gonna be tough. Send your prayers and emails to metro council.

[email protected]

Definitely need to write to that email address as this thing isn't done yet.  I was told by my council-person that all they were hearing from were the anti-soccer folks.

Edited by japan

10 minutes ago, nashvylle said:

Does anyone know how long people (meaning vendors, attendees, etc.) stay when The Fairgrounds hosts an event?

The reason why the flea market/expo center is being relocated to the southern portion is so events/games can happen simultaneously. 

but if there is a MLS game at 8pm on Saturday night, and there is an event at The Fairgrounds Friday/Saturday/Sunday, will the attendees have left by 8pm? Wondering for parking reasons. 

The planners said the reason the flea market/expo center is being moved is so that the flea market can continue to operate while the new facilities are being built.

34 games per seasons so around 17 home games per year. So there will definitely be a few overlaps during the season.

Looking at other MLS teams schedules, their Saturday/Sunday games are anyone from 2-7pm. The flea market ends between 4-6pm. SO I would think with a little bit of planning they could get it figured out. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, bhibbs said:

without the 27 votes the entire idea of getting a team is dead at that point, correct?

I would hope that Ingram and his team would pay up a little more to get the necessary votes. It just seems like this Rick Williams guy always wins though unfortunately (Stop Amp, NoTax4Tracks, Anti Megan Barry...) 

Edited by nashvylle
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Alley said:

MLS Nashville or whoever they are seem to be pretty weak as well in getting the word out there about how close this is.

There were 18k+ fans at the game Saturday night. Wonder how many of them knows anything about this?

I’ve been telling the Roadies, hopefully they are starting to get the idea that they need to be more active. 

I emailed the council and got this as a response. 

BFF05959-AA44-497A-BECC-D30D88D711CB.jpeg

• Like 2

Are there highly visible calls to action and appeals to patrons throughout our current Nashville SC home games? If not, what the heck?

If the 18k fans in attendance at one game directed even a modicum of their rabid enthusiasm towards swaying councilmember opinion, would we even be having this conversation?

• Like 1

I saw nothing at the last game I went to on the 30th. 

The various Nashville SC Facebook groups do send representatives. They were under the impression that "neighborhood only" meetings were just that, for neighbors. I've told them that is not the case at all and they need to have people at each and every meeting. I think they realize how rapid the anti-MLS people are now. Hopefully.

I will be at the meeting tonight, I'll see what the turnout is like.

Scream, rant, rave, and threaten to beat someone up. That seems to be the only language they understand and remember they are sending people from out of county that are Fairgrounds Fanatics too.

Overwhelming force in numbers there to shout them down is what they understand and would have no defense against. 

I am not a soccer fan, far from it, but I will be incredibly disappointed if this doesn't happen. I will probably text my cousin about this. She lives close to the fairgrounds and has been really excited about how much this could do for not only her home value but just improving the area. I can guarantee she doesn't realize how close it is to not happening. If it wasn't for me being on this site I would not know. If anything I would have thought there was overwhelming support. 

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, bigeasy said:

I am not a soccer fan, far from it, but I will be incredibly disappointed if this doesn't happen. I will probably text my cousin about this. She lives close to the fairgrounds and has been really excited about how much this could do for not only her home value but just improving the area. I can guarantee she doesn't realize how close it is to not happening. If it wasn't for me being on this site I would not know. If anything I would have thought there was overwhelming support. 

There is overwhelming support. The problem is people don't know this is in jeopardy... I am working on that. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2