Soccer in Nashville

Nashtitans

36 minutes ago, DMilner said:

Ha, I heard. Just trying to dispel the continued misinformation. CM Pulley was raked over the coals last night, but he was right. Citizens can’t dig through all the misinformation from the opposition. 

Agreed, I know these people are just talking heads, I wish they would just do a modicum of research, I mean come on!

1 hour ago, japan said:

Link to said tweet?

I don’t have Twitter up currently. They were talking about how the affordable housing would be expensive still because it’s based on the neighborhood. I just corrected them on how affordable housing works. 

Edited by DMilner
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DMilner said:

I don’t have Twitter up currently. They were talking about how the affordable housing would be expensive still because it’s based on the neighborhood. I just corrected them on how affordable housing works. 

Housing affordability is almost always calculated based on the regional median income.

Edited by Rockatansky

2 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

To help with the parking and traffic situation, how about running shuttles between Nissan Stadium and the Fairgrounds. That certainly would take a lot of the pressure off of the traffic when there is a game.

They discussed the team having shuttles.

I reached out to Colby Sledge and asked if Greer Stadium parking (and existing stadium location) that will be converted into a park to be a park that can also accommodate parking (like fair park). That would create a few thousands parking spots too. 

Personally, I plan to take uber/lyft. 

Has anyone seen the advertising for the fair around the grounds. It’s 11”x17” posters attached to the fence that’s around the Fairgrounds. It’s laughable, makes me think even more they aren’t going to renew their contract. 

Shuttles woikd defintely make sense and eliminate a lot of cars. Just have a shuttle line for people to stand in. This line goes to Stadium lot A. This one to Broadway, etc. 

The team/city/CSX would really have  work together to make sure that no trains block 4th Ave or else there would be shuttles full of furious people, or at worst a train stops, blocks the road and people are climbing over it to get to the game. 

1 minute ago, PaulChinetti said:

Has anyone seen the advertising for the fair around the grounds. It’s 11”x17” posters attached to the fence that’s around the Fairgrounds. It’s laughable, makes me think even more they aren’t going to renew their contract. 

Shuttles woikd defintely make sense and eliminate a lot of cars. Just have a shuttle line for people to stand in. This line goes to Stadium lot A. This one to Broadway, etc. 

The team/city/CSX would really have  work together to make sure that no trains block 4th Ave or else there would be shuttles full of furious people, or at worst a train stops, blocks the road and people are climbing over it to get to the game. 

They honestly need to include a bridge of some sort at 4th, and straightening of 2nd in the infrastructure improvements for the stadium. I know that would be cost prohibitive, but a major benefit to the traffic flow in the area. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, PaulChinetti said:

if a train is coming, on average how long does it take to cross? 

18 minutes ago, nashvylle said:

if a train is coming, on average how long does it take to cross? 

Anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour plus. I waited once as the train sat on the tracks for an hour and 15 minutes and it didn’t move. 

I’ve seen ambulances come down 4th and have to turn off their sirens because they were stuck.

It’s really quite ridiculous.  

Edited by PaulChinetti

34 minutes ago, PaulChinetti said:

Anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour plus. I waited once as the train sat on the tracks for an hour and 15 minutes and it didn’t move. 

I’ve seen ambulances come down 4th and have to turn off their sirens because they were stuck.

It’s really quite ridiculous.  

What time of day was that? 

Most MLS games are on a Saturday. Does CSX have a schedule or is it unpredictable 

Edited by nashvylle

They should do a sampling of Davidson County residents and ask them:

1. Are you going to the 2018 TN State Fair?

2. When is the last time you visited the TN State Fair?

3. Do you know where the TN State Fair is located?

4. Have you ever heard of the TN State Fair?

I bet they'd get some very interesting (and telling) responses.

• Like 1

You read my *mind re: Freeman, @Predsboy18

For now, the 16th is my district and I stayed in his inbox for the past couple weeks. I wanted to lay into him for voting no on the first two readings, but I knew it wouldn't get me anywhere. He's mentioned he hangs out at Flatrock Coffee on the first Saturday of the month. I'm definitely going to stop by in October to thank him personally for listening to his constituency and buy him a cappuccino. 

Edited by e-dub
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, e-dub said:

Freeman's mentioned he hangs out at Flatrock Coffee on the first Saturday of the month.

Great little coffee shop.  Very work friendly.  Love the t-shirts "NoRo.  Nolensville Road.  Come for the tires - stay for the food."

• Haha 3