Soccer in Nashville

Nashtitans

29 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

Well this is my 10,000th post. Thanks to Mr Bond for pointing that out as I was oblivious.  Its taken me 13 years to get here, but Mark will surpass me quicker with all the posting he does now.

Thanks for the well  thought out report Brian. Yes you made it on the news too. I have a feeling this will be like the Titans. Lots of fighting and controversy when they had the referendum. I will bet a good number that voted against that probably have season tickets now. 

The nay sayers that are venders at the flea market will be happier than a bug in a rug once they get into anew facility. They just dont know it yet.

Congrats, Mr. Megalopolis!

• Like 3

Just now, bnacincy said:

When you say Fair Park, what do you mean exactly? I was a child in the 60's and 70's when there was a Fair Park on the Fairgrounds but that closed down years ago.  Is this the space in the picture?

Signed,

Confused in Cincinnati....

From my understanding, it is a park (mainly for the wedgewood houston residents) that is at the fairgrounds, so it is called "Fair Park". The fair can utilize it as well.

1 hour ago, tragenvol said:

Any estimates for the crowd size Tuesday night for USMNT and El Tri?  See you there.

A couple of weeks ago I saw it was at 25,000. Hopefully we can get more than that, but honestly a Tuesday night versus a Saturday night will have it’s effect on attendance. Weather should be good which will help. 

1 hour ago, PHofKS said:

'Fairpark' was a year-round amusement park at the Fairgrounds with various rides including a permanent roller coaster and other somewhat tame rides. It was closed about when Opryland opened as I recall.

I wish NSH had said that wanted to bring back some year round rides. 

• Like 2

On 9/9/2018 at 7:41 AM, tragenvol said:

Any estimates for the crowd size Tuesday night for USMNT and El Tri?  See you there.

As of yesterday, Steven Goff, soccer writer for the WP, tweeted that 31,000 had been sold.  There is a great deal of unhappiness at the high ticket prices for a friendly,  $55 for upper-level corner, $85 behind the goal, $125-400 for lower-section sideline .

5 minutes ago, etimer13 said:

As of yesterday, Steven Goff, soccer writer for the WP, tweeted that 31,000 had been sold.  There is a great deal of unhappiness at the high ticket prices for a friendly,  $55 for upper-level corner, $85 behind the goal, $125-400 for lower-section sideline .

Yeah, I just looked at Ticketma$ter and there are tons of seats left and they are priced very high.  And it's a Tuesday?  Have fun with that.

2 hours ago, etimer13 said:

Don't tell my wife; I'm sitting behind the goal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 9/10/2018 at 8:04 AM, etimer13 said:

I think I saw METLIFE in New Jersey only sold 34k against Brazil. So 31k in Nashville isn't bad. The problem is absolutely the prices. two $55 with Ticketmasters fees is about $200 when all is said and done for upper deck for a friendly. They didn't price aggressively to sell.

• Like 4

Looks like Nashville SC isn't 100% certain to be our MLS name...which is ok with me.  I'd really like us to embrace the European style of "F.C." and have some cool name like Nashville United or at least, Nashville FC.  I know we as Americans like to be different than the rest of the world (I actually like that about America)...but I really think we should embrace the world's standards on this and join in.

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/09/11/nashvilles-mls-ceo-lays-out-his-timetable-for.html

• Like 2