Soccer in Nashville

Nashtitans

1 hour ago, nashville_bound said:

It is just such haughty attitudes that handed the 'libs' their own assess in 2016

Let's not rewrite history here.  Democrats picked up seats in the House and Senate in 2016 and had over 3 million more votes for their party's presidential candidate.   

That said, you're of course correct that Republicans now control all three branches of government, though it's not quite clear yet if America has been made great again already or if it's still a work in progress.

17 minutes ago, titanhog said:

The two people I've known who have sold items at the flea market were hard-core liberals (and friends of mine).  To assume people who sell at the flea market and want it to stay as it is are just conservatives is flat-out wrong.

That's what I kind of figured, which is why I didn't use any defining language like that in my original comment... it definitely was NOT my intention to spark a conversation about national politics.  Yikes.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

That's what I kind of figured, which is why I didn't use any defining language like that in my original comment... it definitely was NOT my intention to spark a conversation about national politics.  Yikes.

Part of the reason why it really does none of us any good to discuss politics on a message board like this.  It solves nothing.  It only devolves into a pissing match.  Reason flies out the window.  If people can not see that good people and nut-cases both inhabit each party...well...

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, titanhog said:

Part of the reason why it really does none of us any good to discuss politics on a message board like this.  It solves nothing.  It only devolves into a pissing match.  Reason flies out the window.  If people can not see that good people and nut-cases both inhabit each party...well...

Agreed... but I would sharpen that point slightly in saying that I think most people realize that one's political bent is not an indicator of the quality of person they are.  I mean, for example I certainly see Nashville_bound as a great person despite the fact that he and I disagree politically about certain things.  To your point though, In the midst of a political conversation, I think peoples' walls go up and their tribal tendencies come out to the point where those basic lessons of our common humanity are overshadowed, and I am guilty of this as much as anyone, much to my personal shame.  

Edited by BnaBreaker
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, titanhog said:

The two people I've known who have sold items at the flea market were hard-core liberals (and friends of mine).  To assume people who sell at the flea market and want it to stay as it is are just conservatives is flat-out wrong.

The people who showed up to the council meetings where few and far between of the actual people that sell things at the flea market. 

After all the neighborhood meetings and council meetings I was merely making an observation of the anti- crowd.

The majority of them appeared to be race fans except the guy with the goatee who I’m blanking on who represented some of the sellers. 

***All paragraphs marked with My Personal Experience. Over the past months/meetings. ***

On a separate note.

http://www.shorttrackscene.com/2018/10/25/nashvilles-new-mls-soccer-franchise-agrees-to-sponsor-all-american-400/

• Like 1

13 hours ago, titanhog said:

Our society in general just needs to de-politicize for a while. And I say this knowing full well and acknowledging that I have had my fair share of moments where I have started, inflamed, and sustained political arguments on this board. 

13 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

Agreed... but I would sharpen that point slightly in saying that I think most people realize that one's political bent is not an indicator of the quality of person they are.  I mean, for example I certainly see Nashville_bound as a great person despite the fact that he and I disagree politically about certain things.  To your point though, In the midst of a political conversation, I think peoples' walls go up and their tribal tendencies come out to the point where those basic lessons of our common humanity are overshadowed, and I am guilty of this as much as anyone, much to my personal shame.  

So true. I’ve had my fair amount of trips to the confessional about “tribal-rage.” Wish I didn’t have to but it’s something many of us have to work on. 

• Like 3

We will see what happens:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2018/11/01/nashville-mls-stadium-opponents-ask-judge-halt-fairgrounds-overhaul/1844444002/

The case is before Chancellor Ellen Hobbs Lyle. The next court hearing  is set for Nov. 16

If an injunction request is filed, does that mean that construction can start tomorrow and resume  unless the judge halts it at November 16th hearing?

In other news, Mike Jacobs is hired as Nashville SC's General Manager.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2018/10/30/stejskal-ayre-touts-gm-hire-mike-jacobs-best-option-nashville-mls

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, PaulChinetti said:

Square foootage would be basically the same for conditioned versus un-conditioned. Unless something has changed drastically. 

Everything is just more consolidated. 

Is that part of the "issue" with some of these flea market people...that there is no separation like they have now?