Soccer in Nashville

Nashtitans

2 hours ago, PaulChinetti said:

So I'm thinking something like this.

The perspective is a bit off. 

Fairgrounds.png

Thanks for the image! Interesting to adding what would be the primary entrance off Craighead. Definitely would require a new traffic signal and I would think it would be required to be further from the intersection with Nolensville Pike (?). 

We have all talked at great length to the concerns around parking. but looking at this illustration, its possible to use the parking spots closed off by the normal outdoor vendors and then have people walk over to the new expo area. Granted this is a longish walk (it is now to depending on where you park), but this would suffice until the new development comes in and buries a massive parking garage under the entire thing. (I know this isnt in the plan, but a man can dream haha).

Also, I am interested in how much site work needs to be done near the top of the image, because if I remember correctly, that is quite the hill, and please correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't one of the big reasons for the 2011 referendum was to keep development from cutting away at the hill? 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Titans10 said:

So what’s the timeline on the stadium? Are we finally a full go?  When will we see more renderings? 

Construction on stadium won't begin until next summer (I believe late July) when the new Expo Center is complete.  Then the razing of the current exhibit buildings will take place.  They are so flimsy they will probably be scraped clean and rubble removed in a matter of a week or two. No new renderings on the stadium yet.  Should be imminent. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, markhollin said:

Construction on stadium won't begin until next summer (I believe late July) when the new Expo Center is complete.  Then the razing of the current exhibit buildings will take place.  They are so flimsy they will probably be scraped clean and rubble removed in a matter of a week or two. No new renderings on the stadium yet.  Should be imminent. 

I'm anticipating some news pretty soon in regards to new team branding and stadium renderings. FC Cincinnati's new MLS logo leaked this past week so I feel that ours is definitely soon to follow. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

More from the Tennessean on the bond sale.  This was stated in the article:  Project leaders told the sports authority that the stadium is still in the "schematic design phase." Only conceptual renderings have been released so far.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2019/01/10/nashville-mls-stadium-fairgrounds-bond-sale/2537279002/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, markhollin said:

More from the Tennessean on the bond sale.  This was stated in the article:  Project leaders told the sports authority that the stadium is still in the "schematic design phase." Only conceptual renderings have been released so far.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2019/01/10/nashville-mls-stadium-fairgrounds-bond-sale/2537279002/

I need some real renderings bad, and soon. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, tragenvol said:

Hopefully won't change from the current merch...if so, I threw away some dough.

From what I understand I don't think there will be much change if any. It will be like Atlanta United is/does. Nashville SC will be the MLS team and Nashville SC 2 will be the USL team.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, PruneTracy said:

That just tells people you're an original fan, kind of like when I walk around wearing my Tennessee Oilers Starter jacket

I have the exact baby blue windbreaker.

26 minutes ago, PaulChinetti said:

From what I understand I don't think there will be much change if any. It will be like Atlanta United is/does. Nashville SC will be the MLS team and Nashville SC 2 will be the USL team.

That was my understanding when I purchased a $60 sweater at their office.

Kind of interesting, and not sure if related, but two of the larger youth soccer clubs in the area (Tennessee Soccer Club & Nashville Football Club) are joining to become one.  They will be taking the name "Tennessee Soccer Club".  So it may not be a big deal or may be something to allow for branding of the MLS team coming in.  

• Like 2

Our rivalry with Austin continues to build: Austin was granted an expansion franchise in the MLS yesterday, and will begin ply in the 2021 season at a privately funded, $225 million, 20,000 capacity stadium at McKalla Place.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019/01/15/austin-fc-begin-mls-play-2021-leagues-27th-club

Info on their stadium:

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2018/12/19/city-austin-precourt-sports-ventures-announce-stadium-deal-agreement

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, markhollin said:

Our rivalry with Austin continues to build: Austin was granted an expansion franchise in the MLS yesterday, and will begin ply in the 2021 season at a privately funded, $225 million, 20,000 capacity stadium at McKalla Place.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019/01/15/austin-fc-begin-mls-play-2021-leagues-27th-club

Info on their stadium:

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2018/12/19/city-austin-precourt-sports-ventures-announce-stadium-deal-agreement

Aw how cute, they finally got a pro sports team!  ;):P

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, TheRaglander said:

Kind of interesting, and not sure if related, but two of the larger youth soccer clubs in the area (Tennessee Soccer Club & Nashville Football Club) are joining to become one.  They will be taking the name "Tennessee Soccer Club".  So it may not be a big deal or may be something to allow for branding of the MLS team coming in.  

The two clubs should have merged 5 years ago...

The resulting club will act as a feeder into the Nashville FC MLS Academy Team but be a separate entity. The model for the Academy is Atlanta United which utilizes UFA, Atlanta Fire, and Concord Fire youth clubs to feed the academy (in addition to players moving just to be on the academy teams). This is contrasted with Sporting KC or FC Dallas whose academies are several teams deep in each age division. 

Edited by Guest