Soccer in Nashville

Nashtitans

6 hours ago, Jamie Hall said:

If the Tennessee State Fair is such an amazing addition for a host city, then interested cities or counties around the state should bid on it and actively compete for the opportunity.

And since the author of the opinion item is a state representative from Cookeville, he should urge his own community to submit the first bid.

Less than two years ago there was serious talk of moving the state fair to somewhere larger than the current state fairgrounds.  Bonnaroo's site in Manchester was specifically mentioned but was determined to be too remote.  I agree with holding it in Wilson County.  The Wilson County Fair already attracts 5 times more people than the state fair.  It looks like someone needs to remind John Rose about this.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2017/06/29/after-more-than-century-tennessee-state-fair-might-leave-nashvilles-fairgrounds/435035001/

Edited by jmtunafish
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, NashvilleObserver said:

Don't use the word "foreigners" with a negative connotation in a civilised discussion. 

If you can't be "anti-soccer-stadium" without mentioning the nationality of the players, then you've already lost the argument (and proved your minuscule intelligence.)

Alright everyone, how bout this stadium! Let's get back on topic. Before someone embarrasses themselves even more.

Wow. Such vitriol just because of the use of the word foreigner. However what is interesting by just casual observation of this thread is how much outright hate there seems to be for the hardworking citizens of this city who do not agree with their taxpayer dollars being used to fund a sports stadium. There is an ample number of derogatory dehumanizing insults aimed at them. And no one including yourself has gotten upset about it. Yet the use of the word foreigner with regards to non-citizen soccer players drives you into a rage? That's quite astonishing. I am glad I am on the "Right" side.

Edited by Ingram
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Ingram said:

Wow. Such vitriol just because of the use of the word foreigner. However what is interesting by just casual observation of this thread is how much outright hate there seems to be for the hardworking citizens of this city who do not agree with their taxpayer dollars being used to fund a sports stadium. There is an ample number of derogatory dehumanizing insults aimed at them. And no one including yourself has gotten upset about it. Yet the use of the word foreigner with regards to non-citizen soccer players drives you into a rage? That's quite astonishing. I am glad I am on the "Right" side.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ingram said:

Uh oh, grandpa is in a mood again.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, titanhog said:

I'm starting to agree with you guys.  The more I look at it, the more lame it looks.

I take the ^v is meant to be an "N" and "V"...or NashVille...and the lines are meant to be either headphones or sound waves?

I took the lines to be headphones, too. It reminded me of the logo of a record label I like, a stylized skull wearing headphones:

image.png.59716b826f6799290d880bcadbf8c0aa.png