Soccer in Nashville

Nashtitans

• 2 weeks later...

FC Barcelona, one of the sport's most prominent teams, has partnered with Father Ryan High School, Harding Academy and Sports Global to bring a full-time youth soccer academy to Nashville.

The Nashville Barca Academy will officially open in mid-August, according to a news release. Father Ryan High School and Harding Academy are set to serve as central locations when the academy opens. Father Ryan is scheduled to host open tryouts the week of May 20, with tryouts at Harding Academy on tap for the week of June 3.

Nashville will become the team's eighth youth academy in the U.S., joining Charlotte, Austin, Chicago, Orlando, Northern Virginia, San Diego and Columbus.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2019/05/13/one-of-the-worlds-most-valuable-sports-teams.html?ana=twt

• Like 4

The Tennessean link....

Earle Davidson had to take a step back and collect his thoughts. He had just gotten the news.

FC Barcelona, one of the most distinguished soccer clubs in the world, was planning to open a youth soccer academy in Nashville. Sporting Global CEO John Nash approached Davidson and asked if he wanted to lead the academy. 

Why FC Barcelona and Sporting Global chose Nashville

Three years ago, Sporting Global hosted its first camp with Barcelona in Nashville. Something clicked with Nash. He noticed how the city embraced the camp and how the city's values lined up with both the company and Barcelona. Nash started planning out how to bring another Barça Academy to the U.S. with the Music City in mind. It took three years to bring the idea to fruition. 

During the three years, Nashville has continued to grow, and soccer has aligned with the growth. Nashville was awarded an MLS team, with Nashville SC beginning MLS play in 2020. "There is no place in the U.S. where there is a stronger alignment in our values in the local communities than there is in Nashville," he said.

• Like 2

While this proposal is preposterous (100'-0" seriously???), I do think there needs to be a bit more of a buffer zone. But I would say 30'-0" to 50'-0" would be more than enough. Nissan is all surface lots, and Bridgestone is locked in by roadways with a ROW of around 40 to 50 feet on all sides. Fairgrounds Speedway is small enough where 30'-0" would probably be enough though.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, hirtme said:

Nashville SC 2020 MLS ticket pricing at Nissan is out. Here are my initial thoughts which I got killed for on Reddit, but in 10 months we will see.

http://nashvillescsoccer.com/nashville-sc-mls-ticketing-pricing-too-high/

Yeah...I hope they don't have the "build it and they will come" attitude.  Take a cue from the Preds and do this thing right.

Edited by titanhog
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, hirtme said:

Nashville SC 2020 MLS ticket pricing at Nissan is out. Here are my initial thoughts which I got killed for on Reddit, but in 10 months we will see.

http://nashvillescsoccer.com/nashville-sc-mls-ticketing-pricing-too-high/

Ticket prices can always be adjusted, though. 

Club and Field level seats include food & beverage... that’s a big inclusion that I bet FC Cincinnati does not have. 

Edited by nashvylle

$50 bucks for 2 tickets doesn't sound bad. when you add up concessions and such is when you start getting into trouble for a couple or a family wanting to go see a game. And I think it will be easier to get people to think he let's go watch a game real quick while they are at Nissan.

When the new stadium comes what NSC should really do is set up some kind of storefront on Broadway or partner with a bar/restaurant downtown and on game days they would have a shuttle going back and forth. They could definitely fill some extra seats then and it would just be a nice courtesy. 

I'm sure on game days they will go down to fill the empty seats. Though if it's anything like the ramp up to the council meetings they (NSC) will wait until the last second to get involved and make changes. They seem perfectly happy waiting until much closer to big events to announce things and make changes. 

Screen-Shot-2019-06-03-at-11.05.45-PM.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PaulChinetti said:

I'm sure on game days they will go down to fill the empty seats. Though if it's anything like the ramp up to the council meetings they (NSC) will wait until the last second to get involved and make changes. They seem perfectly happy waiting until much closer to big events to announce things and make changes. 

Don't think they would take them below season ticket face value. That's not wise. 

Edited by hirtme
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, hirtme said:

Don't think they would take them below season ticket face value. That's not wise. 

Sorry should have worded that better I meant more like post game start and on the secondary market (scalpers). Once the game starts you could get cheaper tickets.

• 4 weeks later...