Soccer in Nashville

Nashtitans

25 minutes ago, markhollin said:

Remember, the MLS Soccer Stadium Kick-off event is at MCC, Room 205 on Thursday (Sept. 12) at 1:00 PM.  I suspect there will be lots more things being rolled-out in the next few months.

@markhollin are you attending? Ironic that this MLS stadium event is the same day as the likely election of John Cooper (who has stated he won't mess with the soccer stadium, but time will tell). 

• Like 1

https://www.wsmv.com/news/lawsuit-alleges-conflict-of-interest-in-mls-stadium-contracts/article_3cb5ba42-d59b-11e9-b4bb-2be7d71064d7.html

They must think their other lawsuit is going to fail.  I just don’t know when these folks will stop. They’re going to try to tie this up in courts for years.

Also, had a super fun encounter with a save our Fairgrounds supporter while I was on vacation in Florida this week. Needless to say, it did not go well. 

Edited by DMilner
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, titanhog said:

Surely one of us crazy UPers can borrow a bulldozer and take those buildings down at 3am one early morning if this thing stretches on.  Wouldn't take an hour to level the place.

I don't even think it would take a bulldozer, maybe a strong wind. 5-10 people pushing might also do in most of those buildings.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, nashvylle said:

Please... who was it, and how did you know it was a SOF? What was said?

I’d seen him at some of the Fairgrounds meetings. He was just spreading some misinformation, so I corrected him on it. Basically just threw out the same talking points they all have. It’s a lost cause having a conversation with any of them. 

• Like 3

As leaked by Pablo Maurer and Jeff Rueter yesterday, Nashville SC announced their inaugural MLS shirt sponsor. Renasant Bank is Tupelo based and will replace Nissan on the MLS kits (likely out in late November or December) on a four year deal. 

http://nashvillescsoccer.com/nashville-sc-announces-renasant-bank-as-inaugural-mls-jersey-sponsor/

• Like 2