Soccer in Nashville

Nashtitans

5 hours ago, PruneTracy said:

I was hoping for them to use the sound wave motif across the front, or a sash mimicking the N in the crest. (The crest is still trash, by the way.)

Edit: 9,000 hours of painstaking work in MS Paint later...

Untitled.png

Nice one, I'm WELL into the one on the left!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DDIG said:

Yep still don't like the crest or the shift to highlighter-ish colors. I've had USL season tix since day 1 and have MLS tix and normally I'd be the guy to buy the MLS gear as soon as it came out but I just don't like any of it.

I agree.  If it's just a highlighter yellow shirt with no stripes...that's just boring.

This is my very poor attempt at photoshopping something similar to the Atlanta kit.

NASH MLS STRIPES.jpg

Nash SC 2.jpg

Edited by titanhog
  • Like 3

I watched the fair board meeting from last Tuesday, and I believe a small building that was only used for election voting will be demolished, but not the other buildings. A rep for the MLS stadium said there was no update and "discussion was ongoing"...

I think if the Titans and Nashville SC could work out a deal with each other and the city, creative renovations could be made to Nissan Stadium which would make it a top tier stadium in the country, usable year round. One can pray....

47 minutes ago, nashvylle said:

I think if the Titans and Nashville SC could work out a deal with each other and the city, creative renovations could be made to Nissan Stadium which would make it a top tier stadium in the country, usable year round. One can pray....

Prayer is all one can do with this thought, unfortunately. MLS is pushing hard for its teams to be in their own stadiums, if for nothing else to be recognized as a bonafide sport that can support its own venues rather than leasing from other sports.

11 minutes ago, Bos2Nash said:

Prayer is all one can do with this thought, unfortunately. MLS is pushing hard for its teams to be in their own stadiums, if for nothing else to be recognized as a bonafide sport that can support its own venues rather than leasing from other sports.

I understand, and know that our bid was based on our approved funding for a soccer specific stadium, but now with us playing in the league in 40 days, the league wants to make sure each owner stays afloat, and I think if Nashville SC could get revenue sharing for their games and a say in scheduling, it could work. 

• Like 1

I think what it boils down to is the wording in the contract about the land going to the city.

Cooper better be walking the finest of lines here. If he wants any developer/company/team take this city seriously this deal really needs to get done and underway. Otherwise what dev/company/team in their right mind would take anything the city agrees to seriously, especially when this went through the process like it was supposed to and it's still held up. The longer this goes on, the bigger a stain it's going to leave on Cooper's administration in my opinion.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, PaulChinetti said:

I think what it boils down to is the wording in the contract about the land going to the city.

Cooper better be walking the finest of lines here. If he wants any developer/company/team take this city seriously this deal really needs to get done and underway. Otherwise what dev/company/team in their right mind would take anything the city agrees to seriously, especially when this went through the process like it was supposed to and it's still held up. The longer this goes on, the bigger a stain it's going to leave on Cooper's administration in my opinion.

Cooper literally think he has a mandate from voters to slow Nashville's growth. So if he runs off a company who wants to come here or stops a development deal, he thinks his voters who are tired of Nashville growing too fast will appreciate it, not punish him. Time will tell after some deals are lost (and he will certainly lose some big deals) if he's right or not.

• Like 2