Soccer in Nashville

Nashtitans

1 minute ago, TheRaglander said:

Do we know what the season ticket count is?  The latest numbers I see are from December and the media was calling it a disappointing 5000 tickets.  I plan on buy 4 season tickets today but was curious how the season sales are doing.

I’ve heard at least double that

32 minutes ago, TheRaglander said:

Do we know what the season ticket count is?  The latest numbers I see are from December and the media was calling it a disappointing 5000 tickets.  I plan on buy 4 season tickets today but was curious how the season sales are doing.

I heard a couple weeks ago we were close to 14k, and I read on Twitter yesterday (take it was a grain of salt) we were close to 15k. 

15k would be respectable, 20k would be amazing, 18k would be great because that takes us past Bridgestone arena’s capacity. 

• Like 1

Just now, nashvylle said:

I heard a couple weeks ago we were close to 14k, and I read on Twitter yesterday (take it was a grain of salt) we were close to 15k. 

15k would be respectable, 20k would be amazing, 18k would be great because that takes us past Bridgestone arena’s capacity. 

When I look at tickets online to be a "First Stringer", there are not a lot of seats available but that's probably because they sold a bunch for Atlanta.  I wonder if they sold some of the season ticket available seats as "single game" to get a higher count for game 1

I wonder what percentage of the games will be the opposing team. As Nashville continues to be a destination I wonder if the crowds will be 50/50, 60/40 Nashville.

Also on to the real questions, I wonder what the infrastructure will look like? What will the main route to the stadium from downtown promoted by the team. 8th? 4th? 

When we will see new renderings? Ahhhh!

• Like 2

When I look at tickets online to be a "First Stringer", there are not a lot of seats available but that's probably because they sold a bunch for Atlanta.  I wonder if they sold some of the season ticket available seats as "single game" to get a higher count for game 1

First stringer I believe is just for STH for the inaugural season, so they wouldn’t sell to Atlanta united fans for 1 game. 

also, Ian said last week only 1,200 have been sold to Atlanta united fans, but I expect that to be low. 

50k would be amazing. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, nashvylle said:

First stringer I believe is just for STH for the inaugural season, so they wouldn’t sell to Atlanta united fans for 1 game. 

also, Ian said last week only 1,200 have been sold to Atlanta united fans, but I expect that to be low. 

50k would be amazing. 

"First Stringer" is a designation you get if you buy season tickets before the first game. You'll get priority perks in the future and your name somewhere on the stadium when its built.

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, TheRaglander said:

I just bought season tickets.  She said in order for our names to be on the new stadium, we have to be STH for each season leading up to the new stadium.  Hope there arent anymore delays!

That could be a great gimmick for renewals when the stadium is delayed until 2028 :tw_joy:

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

One more clarification piece on the tickets:  I just purchased season tickets for "16" games since they sold most of the seats for the ATL game.  I did get tickets for the ATL game but they were a different seat than my season ticket seats.  Came out to the same price overall...

I have four tickets in the family section. Two adults, two kids, down low in endzone to the right of the goal. Should be fun seats. The two kid seats were half price, and if I bring adults they just need to cover the extra half to upgrade (which is like $10). Great value for the amount of games. My only complaint is I wish there were more afternoon home matches.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, volsfanwill said:

Sore losers who will file lawsuits to try to derail the project until the day the die. They'll lose eventually but they won't stop being a pain in the ass anytime soon.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, volsfanwill said:

I imagine that this will be tossed out seeing as the state fair has committed to holding the fair at the new expo buildings. I remember reading that the state had said somethings may need to be tweaked, but that they should be able to iron those details out and still hold the fair. 

• Like 1

Also the state fair is not renewing their contract to host in Nashville due to existing site restraints. That was before the move to the new expo buildings. *eye roll*

I'd be interested in seeing what judge is on this one as the previous ruling specifically stated that even though the lawsuit is going to trial it is NOT an injunction to stop demolition.

Who the hell is financing these lawyers drafting all these lawsuits anyways?!?!?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bos2Nash said:

Also the state fair is not renewing their contract to host in Nashville due to existing site restraints. That was before the move to the new expo buildings. *eye roll*

I'd be interested in seeing what judge is on this one as the previous ruling specifically stated that even though the lawsuit is going to trial it is NOT an injunction to stop demolition.

Who the hell is financing these lawyers drafting all these lawsuits anyways?!?!?

Their lawyer is this guy....

https://www.tbpr.org/attorneys/FBD82865-41B2-E411-80D5-0050568F14C6

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DMilner said:

lol

Date Title
01/22/2020 Public Censure
01/22/2020 Nashville Lawyer Censured
07/12/2018 Public Censure
07/12/2018 Davidson County Lawyer Censured
09/20/2016 Davidson County Lawyer Reinstated
09/20/2016 Order of Reinstatement
03/08/2016 Suspended Six Months
03/08/2016 Davidson County Attorney Suspended
07/23/2015 Chancery Court Decision - #2009-1807-5-KH
04/24/2015 Davidson County Lawyer Censured
04/20/2015 Public Censure
08/25/2011 Hearing Panel Judgment - #2009-1807-5-KH
03/09/2009 Petition for Discipline filed (KH)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, PaulChinetti said:

I wonder what percentage of the games will be the opposing team. As Nashville continues to be a destination I wonder if the crowds will be 50/50, 60/40 Nashville.

It would be interesting to see also how this proportion changes if/when the team moves to the Fairgrounds, and also if it's offset by an increase in home fans due to the novelty of a new stadium.

Let's say (optimistically) that Nashville SC sells out all their games at the Fairgrounds stadium; 30,000 seats is the high estimate for the capacity. Let's say 3,000 are visiting fans (I don't know how soccer fans travel). How many could they draw downtown; is it over 30,000? If the same number of home fans attend, can they attract more visiting fans (and earn more at the gate) with a downtown location? Or if a high number of visiting fans attend, are they pushing out potential home fans with a smaller stadium?

I think the main mistake in the Fairgrounds stadium siting is: a) it's not within walking distance of Nashville's main tourist center; and b) it's in a location that most visitors will not be familiar with. The main draw for visiting fans to Bridgestone Arena and Nissan Stadium is how easy the experience is. You can stay in a hotel downtown, you can party on Lower Broadway, you can walk to the game and when you get out you're right back in the mix. With the Fairgrounds stadium, most visiting fans will have to Uber, etc. there and unless they're familiar with Nashville they're going to have no idea where they are even though downtown is only two miles away.

I'm sure Ingram did his due diligence with the stadium site selection and it fits demographically but the relative isolation from the tourism center is a big miss.

• Like 2