Soccer in Nashville

Nashtitans

2 hours ago, Bos2Nash said:

...with the cost overruns of the stadium already rearing its ugly head is there anything in the lease agreements would stop the development team from pausing construction on the 10-acres until they get some revenue coming out of the stadium??

My only response to this is that Ingam is a very, very, very rich man.    ; )

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Titans10 said:

There are 4 rows of tickets left in one section of the one upper deck they opened.  Another tweet said they are selling 1,000 tickets a day, so I would expect them to open the other side sometime today. 

I think they've said they won't open up the other side. I think they have fireworks and other operations plans over there. I think they'll be happy with a 58k or whatever that is sell out.

• Sad 1

Just now, nashvylle said:

The Titans have had fireworks before... why wouldn't they want to open both?

I used I think because I don't know for sure. :tw_grimace:

But I swear I saw an interview that they wouldn't open up the other side. They might have not dreamed they'd sell one upper deck out so they made obtrusive plans on that side which the Titans wouldn't.

6 minutes ago, PaulChinetti said:

I wonder if tickets for soccer games are more spur of the moment, since the game is much shorter?

I think several factors are at play here:

- a lot of people were probably waiting to see what the weather forecast would be. Thank God it's not going to be raining. 
- Nashville is a city (apparently) that buys tickets late
- The Cooper/NSH drama was a lot of much needed advertising. 

11 minutes ago, Jamie Hall said:

This is impressive, especially considering that just a few weeks ago, many of us (myself included) were concerned about a lack of advertising and promotion for this team. Looks like they got the word out.

They have definitely upped their marketing in the last month. Banners and billboards all over town. Lot's of increasing media coverage too. 

Also from following them on twitter they've done a great job of forging partnerships and signing on a lot of businesses as a partner.

• Like 2

They had the team (some of them?) at the Preds game last night, in a suite, and the jumbotron cameras cut to them several times.  One of the footy players was also in a hype up video that played on the jumbotron.

Edited by grilled_cheese
  • Like 4

That's an impressive number for sure. I don't think they'll have many problems filling the new stadium once it's completed.  While I'm all for the new stadium, I am interested to see how it handles not being in the thick of things like Nissan Stadium is. If only PSC would magically go away...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, downtownresident said:

They’ll claim it was because of their traveling fans. ATL fans can be obnoxious online. 

I've noticed. Apparently a lot of people were committed to saying Nashville SC was going to be a failure, so now that we are over 50k they are claiming well its all ATL fans or ticket giveaways. Surrree.