Soccer in Nashville

Nashtitans

On 6/25/2020 at 8:10 AM, PHofKS said:

Also, the Hastings web brochure for the project does also state (paraphrasing here) that the stadium will be significantly visible from I-65 as you enter the city. I guess I had never realized that. 

16 minutes ago, PaulChinetti said:

I haven't been able to tell and I've missed it. Is the field going to be sunken down like at Nissan or is it going to be at ground level?

It is hard to tell.  But, given that the stadium is supposed to be "significantly visible from I-65" suggests to me that the field will be at ground level and not sunken.

Edited by jmtunafish
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, PaulChinetti said:

I haven't been able to tell and I've missed it. Is the field going to be sunken down like at Nissan or is it going to be at ground level?

I'm pretty sure I saw someone post the other day that it will be sunken and will take a while to dig down to the field level.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/25/2020 at 10:18 AM, PruneTracy said:

Hastings may be architect of record, Populous has done that on some other projects across the country.

On 6/25/2020 at 11:28 AM, nashvylle said:

For filing, expediting, and zoning compliance? 

Hastings is the Architect of Record as far as I have heard. This is done in many cases due to jurisdiction and licensing. Many large firms will be selective about licensing because it can be quite expensive to not only be licensed in a state, but you need to have a business entity there (ie LLC) and the stamping architect needs to be a partner in that new LLC. It's essentially business manuevering and a way for a state to ensure that companies are genuine. Using the AoR approach (I have worked on both sides of it), Populous is used from their stadium expertise and resources for design and then assist (depending on fee) the local AoR in preparing final documents and detailing. The trick is the AoR takes on the responsibility of design liability by being the stamping architect.

On 6/26/2020 at 2:23 PM, PaulChinetti said:

I'm gonna go ahead and say yes it is sunken. In looking at the two images below you can get an idea of how tall the roof is on the exterior shot and how much higher it is off the field on the interior shot. You can also kinda see the gate roof covering on the far side of the interior shot and the field is significantly lower than it.

Soccer Stadium, June 24, 2020, render 1.png

Soccer Stadium, June 24, 2020, render 2.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, titanhog said:

Just more proof that contact sports aren't going to make a comeback this year.

Sadly, I agree.  You think Tampa Bay wants to play if Brady has to sit out for two games because he gets COVID?  Teams are dropping out in all leagues.  College FB schedules are having to change too as some smaller schools are dropping out.  I know Western Michigan had to modify their schedule.  

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, nashvylle said:

Unfortunately NashvilleSC has had 8 players test positive for Covid. I believe they will be kicked out of the MLSisBack tournament, like FCDallas. 

Brutal inaugural season. I was so excited for these games.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, markhollin said:

It's official: Nashville SC out of  the "MuLS IS Back" Tournament due to nine Covid-19 cases amongst team.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/nashvillesc/2020/07/09/nashville-sc-mls-is-back-tournament-coronavirus-covid-19/5395475002/

I bet Nash SC won't be the only one.  I'm not sure how the NHL and NBA will be able to finish.  One team has to drop because of COVID... then perhaps another.  Then another...  Big Ten will do "conference games only" in the Fall.  The sporting "house of cards" is starting to tumble.

• Like 2