Soccer in Nashville

Nashtitans

• 2 weeks later...

Nashville SC will return to play with Aug. 12th, and the first game back at Nissan Stadium will be Aug. 30th.  The team has not announced whether fans will be able to attend those games, given Metro's current restrictions on crowd sizes.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2020/08/10/nashville-sc-return-play-nissan-stadium-soccer.html?iana=hpmvp_nsh_news_headline

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, markhollin said:

Nashville SC will return to play with Aug. 12th, and the first game back at Nissan Stadium will be Aug. 30th.  The team has not announced whether fans will be able to attend those games, given Metro's current restrictions on crowd sizes.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2020/08/10/nashville-sc-return-play-nissan-stadium-soccer.html?iana=hpmvp_nsh_news_headline

According to my season ticket rep, they will be able to take the season ticket holders and disperse them throughout the stadium "safely".  This, of course, assuming the mayor allows it to happen.  He already agreed to a similar configuration for the Titans, so NSC is optimistic.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, nashvylle said:

Construction can’t start until the permit is issued, but I do wonder if the construction will continue beyond current excavation taking place until the charter trial is heard in September (was originally August 12th and pushed to September). 

That was not a permit applied for, it was a issued permit.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Jim Roberts of SOF is making his closing arguments on the charter violation case this morning at 9am CST. 

Metro and NSH are making a motion to dismiss, and Chancery Judge Hobbs will make a decision this afternoon.

If the case is not dismissed, Metro and NSH on Monday will begin making their arguments on why the development is not in violation of the charter. They will have until I believe October 1st for their defense. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, shanky said:

Out of curiosity how many cities hosts state fairs?  Is this even a thing in most states?

A quick count of a list on Wikipedia indicates about 48 states with “state fairs.” Some have more than one claiming some form of a “state fair” status. There is also a New England Fair, which I assume covers multiple states. 

In 2019, the State Fair of Texas had a total attendance of 2.5 million people!

Edited by donNdonelson2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, donNdonelson2 said:

A quick count of a list on Wikipedia indicates about 48 states with “state fairs.” Some have more than one claiming some form of a “state fair” status. There is also a New England Fair, which I assume covers multiple states. 

Thx for the info.