Soccer in Nashville

Nashtitans

6 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

Hopefully they have plans to really push the stadium's direct connectivity to one of the most renown and exciting nightlife districts in the country, because on it's own I'm not sure the stadium itself is really much to write home about, at least not in comparison to it's peers in this contest.

Isn't that part of the reason the city and Titans are having discussions about rehabbing the stadium and using some of the land for offices, retail, restaurants, residential, etc?  I’m thinking they wanted to open that discussion before FIFA made decisions on the World Cup.  Of course, if they’re going to do something and have it done by 2026, they better start planning and constructing soon.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, titanhog said:

Isn't that part of the reason the city and Titans are having discussions about rehabbing the stadium and using some of the land for offices, retail, restaurants, residential, etc?  I’m thinking they wanted to open that discussion before FIFA made decisions on the World Cup.  Of course, if they’re going to do something and have it done by 2026, they better start planning and constructing soon.

Good point!  I had forgotten about that whole plan completely.

• Like 2

I don’t speak for anyone but myself, but I don’t think people would care if the suite was called “honky tonk club” but I have heard several people annoyed when Wedgewood Houston is called WeHo, and Broadway is very different from Wedgewood Houston... so it’s just bad naming. But at the end of the day, we are getting the larger soccer specific stadium in the US. I’m not going to lose sleep on this. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

I think maybe Colby all of the sudden has gotten some kind of power trip.....This, the Fairgrounds, now Oracle. I use to have a lot of respect for the man but he is taking it a little too far.

He also pulled AJ Capital’s project in WeHo out of spite. 

Merritt Mansion..  Colby pulled his support after AJ Capital announced they would stop working with SNAP (South Nashville Action People.)

Here is a link to a the  recent community zoom meeting with SNAP with AJ Capital.    I think this meeting was 4/20 and the tit for tat, followed about a week later.

https://nextdoor.com/news_feed/?post=185108599&is=npe&mar=false&ct=81a0n6QxkIcHoe36sgsVgOZWNXEzsCwk-_fcs4_5p1tjO6r2YFfWimjDPZdQMJDN&ec=iD9EVf8Fqz_GipY9l9G7ig%3D%3D

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, thenorthchannel said:

Merritt Mansion..  Colby pulled his support after AJ Capital announced they would stop working with SNAP (South Nashville Action People.)

Here is a link to a the  recent community zoom meeting with SNAP with AJ Capital.    I think this meeting was 4/20 and the tit for tat, followed about a week later.

https://nextdoor.com/news_feed/?post=185108599&is=npe&mar=false&ct=81a0n6QxkIcHoe36sgsVgOZWNXEzsCwk-_fcs4_5p1tjO6r2YFfWimjDPZdQMJDN&ec=iD9EVf8Fqz_GipY9l9G7ig%3D%3D

I don’t know anything about it but I’m dubious of his claim they didn’t want to work with the neighborhood group anymore. He seems to be the only source on it.

in the scene article be certainly seemed excited to boast about killing it all the way not just pausing it and forcing them to start from scratch with tougher expectations.

2 hours ago, DDIG said:

I don’t know anything about it but I’m dubious of his claim they didn’t want to work with the neighborhood group anymore. He seems to be the only source on it.

in the scene article be certainly seemed excited to boast about killing it all the way not just pausing it and forcing them to start from scratch with tougher expectations.

From next door. News Feed — Nextdoor.pdf