Soccer in Nashville

Nashtitans

1 minute ago, nashvylle said:

Thanks. From what you said, it sounds like NashvilleSC ultimately has the final say on trading a player while he is under contract, yes?

Yes, but see my other post. If he wants to go and someone has the right price they aren't going to make him stay.

• Sad 1

Hany has been amazing for us this season, and he very well may have suitors overseas as a result.  But let's not pretend that Juventus and PSG are going to get into a bidding war over him just because he was the best player this season for a Major League Soccer team.  I'm not trying to disparage Hany or the MLS at all.  I'm just saying, if he does have teams overseas calling they'll probably be ones that we can be at least competitive with in terms of what we have to offer.  

Edited by BnaBreaker
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

Hany has been amazing for us this season, and he very well may have suitors overseas as a result.  But let's not pretend that Juventus and PSG are going to get into a bidding war over him just because he was the best player this season for a Major League Soccer team.  I'm not trying to disparage Hany or the MLS at all.  I'm just saying, if he does have teams overseas calling they'll probably be ones that we can be at least competitive with in terms of what we have to offer.  

Bundesliga comes calling, he's going home.

On 7/26/2021 at 9:17 PM, BnaBreaker said:

I honestly hate that the MLS isn't a premier league (sorry, bad pun) on the world stage, because of what you say here. There are SO many great players in the States, and it would be nice to be able to hold on to some of them for longer than 2-3 years. That being said, I do believe we're at a tipping point in the US, that depending on how the MLS performs, within 5-10 years, soccer could be knocking on the door of some of the larger sports. Will it ever replace any of the "Big 4"? Doubtful, but just being in the conversation, making SportsCenter HAVE to talk about the MLS, and just getting on the bigger stages, will go far in making soccer a national sport. From there, the money from the clubs can start flowing more, and endorsements can start growing, and MLS could be within the top 10 leagues worldwide. I'm dreaming, sure, but why not dream big?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Predsboy18 said:

I honestly hate that the MLS isn't a premier league (sorry, bad pun) on the world stage, because of what you say here. There are SO many great players in the States, and it would be nice to be able to hold on to some of them for longer than 2-3 years. That being said, I do believe we're at a tipping point in the US, that depending on how the MLS performs, within 5-10 years, soccer could be knocking on the door of some of the larger sports. Will it ever replace any of the "Big 4"? Doubtful, but just being in the conversation, making SportsCenter HAVE to talk about the MLS, and just getting on the bigger stages, will go far in making soccer a national sport. From there, the money from the clubs can start flowing more, and endorsements can start growing, and MLS could be within the top 10 leagues worldwide. I'm dreaming, sure, but why not dream big?

MLS is improving. We're a long way from Europe and elsewhere in the world. If you're good at soccer at 11 overseas they'll take you away, put you in an Academy and pretty much make you into a soccer robot. Long way from that happening here.

MLS needs to pick-up momentum and land a legit TV deal in its next phase, that's what will really transform the league. There's an appeal to playing in America, people want to make it here, but the money isn't there yet to make any of the great players spend any time in their prime here.

• Like 2

Anyone care to speculate on the the stadium name sponsor?    Pinnacle Field would be cool, though the team has a partnership with Renasant Bank.  Probably a couple years early for Amazon or Oracle.  Bridgestone and Nissan already sponsor venues.   I dont see the value for HCA.  

Save our Fairgrounds Field?  

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, nashvylle said:

Per Ben Wright, Ian Ayre said season tickets are around 15K right now.

Season tickets to general public opened yesterday. I think if we can reach above 20K that would be awesome. 

I got 4!  Can't wait for this facility.  Still curious about parking, but I will cross that when the time comes.

• Like 4