Soccer in Nashville

Nashtitans

12 hours ago, nashvylle said:

Nashville has the best overall attraction, IMO, of the cities not a shoe-in. 

We shall see. 

I imagine if major upgrades to Nissan will be complete by 2026 is a big factor. I'd guess they'd show them off if so and that would help.

• Like 4

I still am not sure how 30K will be able to get into that stadium. Not because of lack of demand, just infrastructure. I don't think Nashvillians will be cool with driving to Nissan Stadium and taking a bus to this stadium. Hopefully there will be more parking garages built within Wedgewood Houston. 

Edited by nashvylle

There will have to be some serious work done to the infrastructure around the stadium to get people in and out and I worry that it's not being done at all. 

The only road work that seems to be ongoing is the bridge connecting Wedgewood to Craighead. Hopefully the team understands what is coming and are preparing for it.

I could see them (HOPEFULLY) doing some smaller, welcome to the stadium parties/concerts before the season starts to start working out flow and all of that. I wasn't able to go to the Titans game this weekend but from what I heard the concessions where even more of a cluster than normal, and they've been doing it for 20+ years. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, PaulChinetti said:

There will have to be some serious work done to the infrastructure around the stadium to get people in and out and I worry that it's not being done at all. 

The only road work that seems to be ongoing is the bridge connecting Wedgewood to Craighead. Hopefully the team understands what is coming and are preparing for it.

I could see them (HOPEFULLY) doing some smaller, welcome to the stadium parties/concerts before the season starts to start working out flow and all of that. I wasn't able to go to the Titans game this weekend but from what I heard the concessions where even more of a cluster than normal, and they've been doing it for 20+ years. 

I read somewhere that this stadium will have many more concessions than the average MLS stadium. 

Titans need to add tons of concessions in their renovation overhaul, among many other things. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bos2Nash said:

What i forsee happening is places nearby (like the Coca-Cola building, O'Reily Distribution, etc) opening up for parking and charging $20/$30 per spot. They are close enough to walk to the stadium where they will surely get that money. I can also already see residents along Bransford and Benton Ave having some very serious issues with parking.

yeah I think those places will for sure do parking or let different groups do the same. I imagine a lot of people will also be ride sharing, so that needs to be sorted, where and how it will be done so it doesn't cause a traffic jam. 

I've always thought sidewalks improvements were on the table but it's hard to tell with Covid what has happened to initial plans ya know. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, andywildman said:

Didn't realize how much the stadium dwarfs the surrounding area... it'is going to be a huge catalyst for a ton of change in the next decade.

Metro should be really intentional about tying the Fairgrounds into 8th South / Melrose area and even upzoning the other side of Craighead to try to extend the development pattern we've seen in Wedgewood-Houston.

Some quick searching shows that a chunk of that area opposite Craighead to the south and southwest of the stadium are part of Berry Hill, and zoning would already permit a 4-story version of what 8th South is turning into, which I would absolutely expect to see in parcels like this one.

Great job researching Berry Hill zoning. Some of you may know and some of you may not know is that Berry Hill has their own zoning, permits, etc. I am unsure how much they have to adhere to any base zoning from Metro if any. I always forget to go and check the minutes of their meetings and is really bad right now as I had it bookmarked on my computer and I am without it.