Soccer in Nashville

Nashtitans

12 minutes ago, natethegreat said:

Why didn’t Chicago have a bid?

Chicago (Minneapolis too)  bailed out  on their bid because of FIFA's pretty aggressive demands for tax and other financial concessions as part of the bids,  which is something I don't think has been discussed....

I think these are notable to point out because these concessions certainly cut against certain categories of positive "economic impact"  you would hope to see.....
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/17/2022 at 9:40 AM, Melrose said:

Chicago (Minneapolis too)  bailed out  on their bid because of FIFA's pretty aggressive demands for tax and other financial concessions as part of the bids,  which is something I don't think has been discussed....

I think these are notable to point out because these concessions certainly cut against certain categories of positive "economic impact"  you would hope to see.....

Chicago, Minneapolis, Montreal, and Phoenix (Glendale) withdrew from the selection process.

On 6/17/2022 at 9:40 AM, Melrose said:

People actually looked at this as some sort of inditement on the city when in actualness it was nothing more than a cash grab. Did people really think the city would sign off on tax and financial compensation? Especially the current mayor and the sport of soccer. If the tourism bureau believed that saying "hey we're Nashville, people have a good time here and that's good for your organization", then they need to be relieved of duty. FIFA knows the soccer goons are going to come irregardless of where the games are played. Their mindset is "blank you! pay us!"

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2/23/2023 at 9:02 AM, markhollin said:

GEODIS Park will have a free bicycle valet service being tested for the first 8 Nashville SC games this season:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScGRZ_oUS-5kLKroDJCu-VHc1pimO7emGeRHI2D7B7PYojbgQ/viewform

This is awesome! Great to see them making it easier to and encouraging the use of alternative modes of transportation to go to the games. Since parking is a nightmare, hopefully people will actually ditch their cars. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...