Soccer in Nashville

Nashtitans

--ramp roof.

--that neon burnt orange that we love so much despite (and perhaps because) it's not a team color for either potential organization that would play there. 

--clear homage/knock-off of the bridgestone antenna tower, but probably railroad track related because branding and also half the attending crowd will have had to wait on a train to pass on their way to the stadium.

--fireworks and spotlights

All total Nashville moves.  

My guess is the scarf is for Sacramento, so I'd say it's less likely that this image is a major overhaul on their stadium design and more likely that the scarf is unrelated to the rendering.  But who knows.

Edited by ruraljuror
  • Like 2

I expected a lot more...looks real cheap as far as materials, and the design is very lackluster.

15 minutes ago, PHofKS said:

30,000 seats sounds like they are hoping Vanderbilt will share.

I dont think Vandy will go from 50 plus thousand to 30,000. They get a lot more revenue on games they sale out. Not as much the Vandy faithful but the opposing teams that show up, besides you dont want to have to smalest stadium in the SEC get even smaller. At least I think its the smallest, if not it would be at 30K.

2 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

I expected a lot more...looks real cheap as far as materials, and the design is very lackluster.

True, but given the amount of time this has been produced in, every aspect of the design will change in some form; however, typically things don't change for the better. I personally think in the coming months we'll see more refined design elements. I don't particularly care for the brick, though. 

Obviously, we should take what we see now with a huge grain of salt. Those straight from Revit elevations that were rendered in Revit shows the level of actual detail that was paid to the presentation documents (the "just get them out" documents). 

Notice the black and gold flags and finishes on the stadium #justsayin

IMG_1420.JPG

13 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

I dont think Vandy will go from 50 plus thousand to 30,000. They get a lot more revenue on games they sale out. Not as much the Vandy faithful but the opposing teams that show up, besides you dont want to have to smalest stadium in the SEC get even smaller. At least I think its the smallest, if not it would be at 30K.

Dudley holds like just under 40,000 now and they averaged 31,000 last year I believe. So 30 would be right in line. 

Edited by Titans10
  • Like 2

I'm no designer. I'm no urban planner. And I'm certianly not capable of funding a new stadium. I'm just a sports fan who has been to about 70 stadium/arenas around the country. I would give this a grade of D. It's certainly capable of fitting its need. I'm sure it will be a "nice" place for the first few years until the new wears off. It could potentially be bumped up a grade with the materials it is built with. It's location is a D. I would put it on par with the Titans stadium. It's a "get it built so they will come", type of stadium. But 10 years from now (barring a massive shift in the surrounding neighborhood) it will be dated and needing to be replaced. 

Put that grading scale in line with;

Nissan stadium- began a C, has turned into a D.

Bridgestone- began a B-, turned into an A+++.

First TN- began a C, time will tell, but still a C+.

Edited by nashvillwill
  • Like 1