Soccer in Nashville

Nashtitans

^^^Exactly!  I hope to see the same success for our fledgling USL to MLS club.

BTW, Nashville SC with the 1-1 draw yesterday against Charleston Battery.  Sucks games are on ESPN+ instead of YouTube, for me at least. :tw_tongue:  Unbeaten streak at 6 for Nashville SC.  Nice set piece for Doyle with the goal.

Last week a pretty good win against Mississippi Brilla FC in the 3rd rd of the Open.  Dominated 1st half, got a little sloppy in the 2nd.  Game was at Vandy soccer and lacrosse complex.

Nashville SC will host the Colorado Rapids in the 4th round of the U.S. Open Cup on June 5 or 6 at Vanderbilt Football Stadium.

Don't forget the USNMT vs Mexico on Sept 11th.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, PaulChinetti said:

This is a new one for me. 

Briley has said its a done deal, what is with people?

2011 Referendum?

8FD3D5C0-71B5-404F-8142-F64605170415.jpeg

My girlfriend and I went over to the Flea Market on Saturday and these signs were everywhere. The anti-stadium group also had three or four tents set up throughout protesting the stadium with many booths showing support for them. 

I am also very curious about the 2011 referendum, want to do some research, but anybody have a place to start??

3 hours ago, PruneTracy said:

I can't support a cause that would use that many different fonts on one sign.

We oppose a stadium at the fairgrounds!!  Also, if you ever want to see your precious daughter again leave the money in an unmarked paper bag under the park bench!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bos2Nash said:

The anti-stadium group also had three or four tents set up throughout protesting the stadium with many booths showing support for them. 

“With many booths showing support for them”... were those booths showing support for those who were protesting the stadium, or were those booths showing support for the stadium? 

Edited by nashvylle

How man Coaches/VIPs are there going to be that it's going to require that much parking?

All the greenway connection will be great. 

Hopefully the new soccer fields on the south side aren't used as parking too regularly. 

Also, temporary street parking on Craighead! Has to mean it's going to get sidewalks, woo hoo!

I missed the primary portion of the meeting, arriving just as the presentation had finished.  It appeared that about half of the 100 in the crowd were wearing the red t-shirts in opposition. I was told by a Metro Council member that the organizers specifically did not allow for any questions because the "red shirts" keep trying to take over every meeting with arguments, or trying to to dominate the microphone.

Here is more coverage of the presentation from The Tennessean:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2018/05/30/nashville-fairgrounds-mls-expansion-stadium-site-overhaul/651467002/