Soccer in Nashville

Nashtitans

38 minutes ago, thenorthchannel said:

I live in Wedgewood-Houston and amongst the neighborhood there is much more support than angst over the stadium.  Out of curiosity, I searched the property assessors website to see if Mr Smiley was a neighborhood resident.   He doesn't own a home in Davidson county.   This is what irks me about the vocal minority on this issue.  They overwhelming dont live in the neighborhood.    

What do you know, more outside interference from non-Metro suburbanites!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grilled_cheese said:

What do you know, more outside interference from non-Metro suburbanites!

He doesn’t own a home in Davidson. That doesn’t mean he doesn’t live in Davidson. I bought a house last year but that doesn’t mean I was a suburbanite the years I rented in Nashville. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Pdt2f said:

He doesn’t own a home in Davidson. That doesn’t mean he doesn’t live in Davidson. I bought a house last year but that doesn’t mean I was a suburbanite the years I rented in Nashville. 

Sure but the comment implied that he wasn't a member of the community.

1 minute ago, nashvylle said:

Wow... this Rick Williams guy is the lead anti-amp and no tax 4 tracks supporter 

https://amp.tennessean.com/amp/655599002?__twitter_impression=true

Yeah, this dude is in my Nextdoor group and was truly awful during the transit debate.  Constantly spamming threads with his offer to provide anti transit signs and being an overall craphead.

• Like 1

A few butt hurt people are going to have a difficult time stopping a group of billionaires from developing a $250 million dollar project that will likely never see that much money thrown at the fairgrounds again.  Especially with the team and development group trying to work with them. Plus they are showing just how much of a group of whack jobs they really are. Money usually wins. 

45 minutes ago, nashvylle said:

Glover:

https://amp.tennessean.com/amp/660277002?__twitter_impression=true

glover is against land at fairgrounds, but offered land at metro center instead. 

He makes no sense. Is this what everyone in his district wants him working on? Is he up for re-election??

"We're being bullied. And I'm not going to sit here and get bullied."”

Oh please (eye roll)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PaulChinetti said:

He makes no sense. Is this what everyone in his district wants him working on? Is he up for re-election??

"We're being bullied. And I'm not going to sit here and get bullied."”

Oh please (eye roll)

That seems to be the first defense of people with sh1tty ideas.  "HELP!  I'm BEING BULLIED!"  

• Like 1

Glover knows the likelihood of the 10 acres being scrapped won’t pass, he is doing this to try and build support to get more than 13 members to vote no on the future votes required for demolition. 

Thats why it’s vey important to email all council members and show support for this deal. 

• Like 3

There's something about the Fairgrounds land that almost seems cursed.  We had one of NASCAR's best races for almost 30 years (Nashville and Bristol were NASCAR's two night races...and very-well loved)...but we somehow lost it.  Our state fair isn't even on the level of some county fairs and is dying a slow death.  "Fan Fair" moved downtown and is now the CMA Music Festival.  And...everything that's been proposed out there over the last few decades has never come to fruition.

For some reason, there is a group who wants it to stay in its decrepit state...and up until now, they've been able to keep it that way.  Part of me wishes the city / state would just throw their hands up and let the place crumble until these people realize they are fighting a losing cause.  To me, our MLS team is TOO GOOD for that location and the local idiots who want to keep their eyesore an eyesore.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1