Soccer in Nashville

Nashtitans

I'm confused. Doesn't the Fair Board represent the interests of the fair participants? Then how did we get a unanimous vote in favor when there seem to be so many Fair People so staunchly opposed?

I had interpreted that opposition to be a general consensus, but would be pleased to learn that they are actually a small but vocal minority. Otherwise, it seems very odd that the board would vote against their constituency.

Edited by Vrtigo

1 hour ago, Vrtigo said:

I'm confused. Doesn't the Fair Board represent the interests of the fair participants? Then how did we get a unanimous vote in favor when there seem to be so many Fair People so staunchly opposed?

I had interpreted that opposition to be a general consensus, but would be pleased to learn that they are actually a small but vocal minority. Otherwise, it seems very odd that the board would vote against their constituency.

The individuals who filed the lawsuit against metro are not part of The Fair Board and are in disagreement with The Fair Board. 

26 minutes ago, titanhog said:

^^Will they still have the state fair there?  I mean, it's a lousy fair (as state fairs go)...so losing it to some other location is not that big of a deal, IMO.

Yes. I believe it will be located in the "Fair Park" and the grass area of the speedway.

Couldn't the state fair take place in the parking lots of the Titans stadium? That would be a great location. 

Edited by nashvylle
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Flatrock said:

Leadership. Where is it?

What really gets my blood pressure up: the Fairgrounds board, the mayor's office (the mayor) and other influential leaders (Nashville SC ownership!) need to give categorical answer to this kind of misinformation. Surely our municipality and the Nville SC ownership have more PR/Communications resources available than the 'save our fairgrounds' crew. Surely. Step up!!! Seems like we're always playing defense and trying to make a pass throwing off our back foot. Hopefully, it will come. End of rant.

I couldn't agree more.  Have we learned nothing from the transit referendum debacle?  Clearly there are gullible minds out there ripe for shaping, and the misinformation curmudgeons out there will stop at nothing to fill those minds with lies in order to suit their own interests.  So as you said, that begs the question, where is the leadership?  Why aren't we trying to get out in front of this thing BEFORE it becomes more than just a handful of isolated loons terrified of change?  

Edited by BnaBreaker
  • Like 4

56 minutes ago, SumnerCountian said:

Do these ding dongs that oppose the stadium at the fairgrounds think that any real money is going to be spent there by Metro if the stadium is not built there? Maybe a million here or there, but nowhere near the outlay that is going to happen in the building of the stadium, etc. 

I saw their call to action post on fakebook and I had to reply with a smart snazzy comment. It generated the type of response I expected. "You're from Sumner County, you have nothing to loose." Yes, I know, I did have to let the gentleman know the correct word is lose not loose. 

Anyway, good day. 

Hah, I saw that. I had to remind the car dealership shill to not say anything stupid.

• Like 1