Soccer in Nashville

Nashtitans

Updated plans in proposal for fairgrounds development:

- 900 apartments (up from 376)

-200 room hotel

-200,000 sq. ft. of office space (had been 376,000)

- 100,000 sq. ft. of retail (had been 66,900)

-8,285 parking spaces (really need at least 10,600 to properly serve the stadium)

The planning commission will vote on the plan for the first time on July 26 before it goes before the Metro Council.

http://www.wsmv.com/story/38524502/fairgrounds-stadium-plan-includes-900-apartments-200-hotel-rooms

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, markhollin said:

-8,285 parking spaces (really need at least 10,600 to properly serve the stadium)

The planning commission will vote on the plan for the first time on July 26 before it goes before the Metro Council.

Isn't 10,600 needed for 32,000 seats (stated in the article)... which would be the amount of seats for a concert, and 8,285 parking spaces would be sufficient for 27,500 seats (8,285 * 3.5 per car = 28,997)?

How many council votes are needed for zoning approval, over 20 or 27?

I sometimes type so fast and don't see my boo boos. Super bowl , but lets do a spider bowl. That would be interesting. As far as the MLB, NBA, I have not watched 30 seconds of a game in decades.

Don't even get me started on golf and NASCAR. Both are huge waist of time and real-estate , but I know it floats a few peoples boat.  And speaking of boats, I don't have the patience to go fishing much less watch fishing on TV. I just don't care for sports, however I have been to a Titans Game, a Preds game, and a Sounds game. With the Sounds game I understand why the have all the other activities...Its boring as hell and yes I have see one MLB game at the Astro dome 3 seats behind home plate. Bored out of my gourd.

Must just be the way I am wired and maybe I am weird. As a matter of fact, no one in my family as far as siblings are sports fans either. My dad wasn't, My Brothers, nephews, etc. Now my step dad liked NASCAR and I would leave the house whenever there was a race on and come back 4 hours later and the blasted thing is still on TV.  uggh!

• Haha 2

On 6/29/2018 at 2:12 PM, smeagolsfree said:

I sometimes type so fast and don't see my boo boos. Super bowl , but lets do a spider bowl. That would be interesting. As far as the MLB, NBA, I have not watched 30 seconds of a game in decades.

Don't even get me started on golf and NASCAR. Both are huge waist of time and real-estate , but I know it floats a few peoples boat.  And speaking of boats, I don't have the patience to go fishing much less watch fishing on TV. I just don't care for sports, however I have been to a Titans Game, a Preds game, and a Sounds game. With the Sounds game I understand why the have all the other activities...Its boring as hell and yes I have see one MLB game at the Astro dome 3 seats behind home plate. Bored out of my gourd.

Must just be the way I am wired and maybe I am weird. As a matter of fact, no one in my family as far as siblings are sports fans either. My dad wasn't, My Brothers, nephews, etc. Now my step dad liked NASCAR and I would leave the house whenever there was a race on and come back 4 hours later and the blasted thing is still on TV.  uggh!

I'm exactly the same, I can't make myself care about watching other people play a game.  I also can't grasp these social events where people sit in a yard in lawn chairs and sip beer for hours while babbling away about nothing.   And the beach?  Boring...I'd rather walk in the woods or visit a museum or just about anything at least slightly active.

On 6/27/2018 at 8:04 PM, PaulChinetti said:

The composure of the planning people and Colby Sledge was off the chart. One guy  was just straight yelling and pointing in one of the planning people’s face....

Well that's encouraging, at least they're not making any friends.

On 7/3/2018 at 12:42 PM, AronG said:

This is the rough pattern for most of the "community" feedback meetings I've been to. Doesn't even seem to matter if it's for a soccer stadium or a 6-unit airbnb. I'd never been to a single one before a few years ago (life is busy), but its clear to me now that they are a god-awful way to get actual, constructive feedback on anything. Even calling them community meetings is a joke; they don't draw anything like a cross section of the surrounding community. There are some key personality/demographic types that are wildly over-represented, mainly older overly-passionate people who are clearly looking for a cause in their life to go down fighting against some boogieman who's responsible for all these changes that are happening that are so terrible and bewildering. They should start every single meeting with a montage of insane community meetings that happened before projects that went on to be successful and beloved parts of nashville. When you're like a normal human at one of these, it's hard to even figure out how to register your thoughts. All the frothy angry people fill every empty second trying to jump in to ask a "question", i.e. take the floor to rant. It's a wonder anything ever gets built. 

I went to an Inglewood community meeting a few years ago when they were trying to extend the historic overlay to another section of Inglewood and it went similarly to how Paul C described his meeting.  The people against were incredibly rude to the poor planning person that showed up to answer questions.  Halfway through the meeting they went from allowing people to ask questions at the mic and instead had them write down questions on cards so the planning person could read them out loud and then answer them.  Anti people would still randomly yell over that person.  I had to leave before the meeting ended because it was so awful.