Soccer in Nashville

Nashtitans

23 minutes ago, nashvylle said:

Can you tell them that if MLS passes, nearly 350k people will be next to the racetrack annually. It’s safe to assume 100k of them will see the racetrack for the first time, and half of them, or 50k will probably go see a race for the first time.

They will just parrot that line that 1.6 million people a year visit the Fairgrounds. Which I've never seen anywhere but from the anti-crowd. 

Which they say is from 700 different events. No particular event draws a large amount of people. 

MLS games would instantly become the biggest attraction at the Fairgrounds.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nashvylle said:

Could you or anyone else hear what he was saying? 

It was something along the lines of this is exactly what we wanted to happen, stay strong and we will show up for the public hearing section strong. 

If the CBA gets finished and Colby and Stand Up Nashville seem to think it will ( and Ingram would be dumb not to get it done by the 4th) then I see this as passing, I would say most of the abstentions will be Yes's if there is a strong CBA.

Here is who and how they voted on 2018-1289, which were for the demolition of buildings and the ticket tax. The ticket tax part of this can be amended, the other section on the demolition of buildings cannot be amended. 

Get to emailing! Districts 4, 20, 23, 32, 35. Also At Large 2, 3, 4. 

Votes_Aug21.jpg

Edited by PaulChinetti
Better Image
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, PaulChinetti said:

It was something along the lines of this is exactly what we wanted to happen, stay strong and we will show up for the public hearing section strong. 

If the CBA gets finished and Colby and Stand Up Nashville seem to think it will ( and Ingram would be dumb not to get it done by the 4th) then I see this as passing, I would say most of the abstentions will be Yes's if there is a strong CBA.

Here is who and how they voted on 2018-1289, which were for the demolition of buildings and the ticket tax. The ticket tax part of this can be amended, the other section on the demolition of buildings cannot be amended. 

Get to emailing! Districts 4, 20, 23, 32, 35. Also At Large 2, 3, 4. 

Votes_Aug21.jpg

Interesting to me that Henderson in district 34 is against it. Obviously that's a very affluent area that leans more conservative, but that's soccer mecca (every Green Hills / Belle Meade child known to man is in a youth soccer league) and probably a huge hub of would be season ticket holders - certainly no constituents there that give two craps about the Flea Market or Fairgrounds.

Edited by DDIG

9 minutes ago, DDIG said:

Interesting to me that Henderson in district 34 is against it. Obviously that's a very affluent area that leans more conservative, but that's soccer mecca (every Green Hills / Belle Meade child known to man is in a youth soccer league) and probably a huge hub of would be season ticket holders - certainly no constituents there that give two craps about the Flea Market or Fairgrounds.

Her biggest problem was the 10 acres, she said, could it be 5? Could it be less than 10, why 10? That got lots of noise from the anti-crowd. She could have just been grandstanding but who knows. 

Email all of the members that voted Yes for the demo bill too... 

2 minutes ago, henburg said:

I kind of suspect that this has become much less about the MLS and more about "Old Nashville" taking a stand against all of the new growth.

This deal was meant to be a win-win for the city and those who use the Fairgrounds, and frankly this group of red t-shirts is clearly too stubborn to be receptive to any compromise. At this point, if they prefer their Fairgrounds to remain rundown then give them what they want. 

The MLS stadium would not only be a huge investment in this area, but it would also make sure this site would be used for generations to come in the future. Judging by the demographics in this photo, the audience for the Flea Markets and Racing wont be around forever. 

The racetrack would for sure 100% get new fans as a direct result of the MLS fans. 

11 minutes ago, nashvylle said:

Email all of the members that voted Yes for the demo bill too... 

The racetrack would for sure 100% get new fans as a direct result of the MLS fans. 

Same with the flea market. You have 30,000 new people coming to the area with disposable income.  It’s a huge win for the community but these people are too dumb to realize it. 

• Like 2

I keep saying this... they don't care about a shiny new building and better facilities. They only care about continuing their operations w/o major disruptions, including access for their customers & keeping rents low. While I don't agree with their obstruction at all, I do understand the mentality of this group. They've run business (some likely their whole income) from FG. They're acting desperate b/c they've had at least a couple of CMs fanning flames of uncertainty and distrust in "City Hall". Their feelings come in the form of "don't bother me" and resentment toward those who are causing this disruption and a perception that "a rich man is getting something for free". The CBA needs to address that, but many of them are beyond educating to the benefits and the real costs/benefits (both to Ingram et.al. and to Metro/Community).  At this point, the team's owner's need to pull together a CBA that does the best it can to bring over the number required to approve (4, I believe). 

• Like 4