Soccer in Nashville

Nashtitans

1 minute ago, DMilner said:

A whole lot of nothing. Larry Atema had a meeting with Laura Womack at Richland and in an email told her they could “hide there!” She said “brilliant, see you there.” Of course, Nancy presented this to Steve Glover and he was outraged.  

Yeah...I didn't see anything that could remotely be connected to the MLS stadium.  What she's trying to do is make the fair board look corrupt.

1 minute ago, nashvylle said:

Mayor Barry’s administration of course looked at the fairgrounds site before it was publicly announced. 

“We can hide there” looks bad, but sarcasm is for sure lost over emails. 

Can we have an open email investigation in Glover and coppers emails with save our fairgrounds? 

I’ve thought about doing it. Not sure I want to spend all those hours looking through them. 

On 8/21/2018 at 1:06 PM, japan said:

Where is Briley through all of this?  We can't replace him soon enough as he just seems so meek.

Except when it comes to the Bird scooters, he was down on them in force, suing Bird and confiscating the scooters, which is a much more extreme reaction than any cities I know of (except Honolulu and Miami which banned them outright, which seems totally ignorant).  

First. Is the city really storing emails on discs?

Second, I just got home from a show and drinks and checked my email and had a mini panic attack when I saw all the replies and thought something big had happened. Phew. 

Finally, ole channel 4 lady left almost an hour and a half before the end of the council meeting. She really “cares”. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, PaulChinetti said:

First. Is the city really storing emails on discs?

Second, I just got home from a show and drinks and checked my email and had a mini panic attack when I saw all the replies and thought something big had happened. Phew. 

Finally, ole channel 4 lady left almost an hour and a half before the end of the council meeting. She really “cares”. 

No, in servers. But I suppose if you did a FOIA or something they may give it to you on a disc. I’m pretty sure that closest disc says “MWS” though, which would most likely be metro water services. Not sure how pertinent that info would be. 

Finally MLS2Nashville putting more urgency in their emails.

Dear Paul,

The Metro Council public hearing on Monday, August 27th is the last chance to voice your support for Major League Soccer in Nashville at a Council meeting. You, the Nashville Soccer fans, have dedicated these last few months to showing your commitment to this team. Your dedication speaks volumes to how far we’ve come, and now it is time to finish strong. Let’s build a home for soccer in Tennessee!

You may have heard the recent news - We are fighting an uphill battle with Metro Council and your support is vital as we prepare for the vote on August 27th and final votes on September 4th.

The Tennessean – “Nashville council advances MLS stadium, but project still in doubt”

Here’s how you can help: 

1. CLICK HERE to email all 40 council members 

1. RSVP HERE to rally with us at the August 27th public hearing

Our opposition has promised a large turnout and we need to show up in numbers! While council starts at 6:00, the opposition is planning to arrive at 3:00 to fill the chamber so soccer fans can’t participate! Come early and wear our colors! Remember, this is our LAST opportunity to voice our support for MLS and bring this team home.

We look forward to seeing you on Monday, August 27th 

MLS2Nashville

P.S. – Remember to write your council member!

• Like 3