Soccer in Nashville

Nashtitans

I think it is an abomination to give away land to a billionaire and soccer is not interesting. I also loathe the snooty snowflake leftists who are for this boondoggle.

However since I have an investment in a new establishment it would be in my good interest for MLS to come to Nashville so I'll help y'all out with some pro argument suggestions.

17 home games equals thousands if not 10,000+ fans of opposing teams coming to Nashville paying for lodging, transportation, food, drinks, and entertainment. 

MLS fans are just as passionate as NFL fans and every year tens of thousands of NFL fans come to Nashville spending hundreds of thousands of dollars. The Tennessee Titans have only eight home games. MLS teams have 17 home games so the economic impact of its opposing team's fans might be greater than those of the NFL.

Barring the playoffs the NFL runs from the second week of September through December and the NHL runs from October through the first week of April. MLS would extend Nashville's sports scene throughout the entire calendar year with its March through October schedule. That means more people will visit Nashville from the second week of April through the first week of September than otherwise without MLS.

Tell the council members they've seen the thousands of opposing team's fans themselves if they have been to a Tennessee Titans home game. It would be just like that and more with MLS since its teams have nine more games than NFL teams.

The stadium could also be used for concerts and other events that are too big for the arena and too small for the Tennessee Titans stadium.

Edited by Ingram
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, TheRaglander said:

Yes, it's a text book "I am going to slap you in the face, but kiss you after" troll post.    "I am going to state my opinion as fact, call people snowflakes but distract you all with supportive arguments to your snowflake agenda"   

Meh, I am not impressed.  Don't need his support or his opinion.

Well you need something. Because you keep hyperventalating about the deal not going through.

Edited by Ingram
  • Haha 1

I kinda chuckle reading 

2 hours ago, Ingram said:

I think it is an abomination to give away land to a billionaire and soccer is not interesting.

I chuckle reading a comment like this from someone with that username. It just feels ironic since Ingram is the billionaire in this scenario. 

Yes......it doesn't take much to get me to laugh during the work week. 

1 hour ago, TheRaglander said:

Yes, it's a text book "I am going to slap you in the face, but kiss you after" troll post.    "I am going to state my opinion as fact, call people snowflakes but distract you all with supportive arguments to your snowflake agenda"   

Meh, I am not impressed.  Don't need his support or his opinion.

Well, judging from the backlash to the stadium plans you do in fact need the support of people like Ingram. If you have the position that “we don’t need the support of people who don’t like liberals and leftists” you’re not going to get anything done in Tennessee. 

1 hour ago, nativetenn said:

Some of the posts on this forum are a complete waste of my time. I come here to read the news about soccer, not to sift through various rants about "snooty snowflake leftists" and "suburbanite leeches."

I expect civility and not childish namecalling. This is a forum of educated adults and is like a bastion of sanity on the internet to me. Every other website is full of irrational hatred in the comments. We don't need that here.

Ingram, I fully agree with the rest of your post and respect your opinion. But please leave the first part out next time.

A bastion of sanity it may be, but it’s still part of the internet ;)  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PaulChinetti said:

Mayor Briley is gong to be on 102.5 in around 30 minutes apparently. Should be interesting what he says. 

On the Jared and The GM show. 

These two have no idea what they are taking about. Hopefully he sets them straight. They just keep rambling all over the place. 

So, no different from every show of theirs? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, PaulChinetti said:

Mayor Briley is gong to be on 102.5 in around 30 minutes apparently. Should be interesting what he says. 

On the Jared and The GM show. 

These two have no idea what they are taking about. Hopefully he sets them straight. They just keep rambling all over the place. 

How did Briley do? 

You’d think the city would send some basic correct information about the MLS stadium proposal to these radio shows that reach millions of people in the region. Isn’t this just something that a simple “basic facts” email couldn’t solve? Or have they sent stuff like that and the radio shows are just ignoring it? 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Pdt2f said:

You’d think the city would send some basic correct information about the MLS stadium proposal to these radio shows that reach millions of people in the region. Isn’t this just something that a simple “basic facts” email couldn’t solve? Or have they sent stuff like that and the radio shows are just ignoring it? 

I don't understand why Ingram isn't on all of the talk shows setting things straight and letting sports fans know what's going on.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, timmay143 said:

I've seen a big push from NashvilleSC and MLS2Nashville's FB pages.  However, like many of you, I am wondering why they didn't start this earlier!

I assume they thought it was in the bag.  Like the Sounds stadium when it was agreed upon, it just went forward.

I’m amazed at the disorganization of the anti soccer crowd. I got a mailing from them the day after the last vote telling me to show up the day before.  It told me to contact my councilperson and subsequently listed the wrong councilperson. And Glover Isn’t even sure about the council email? 

• Confused 1