Soccer in Nashville

Nashtitans

Mina Johnson and Swope I am pretty sure are waiting on the CBA to signed. 

Mendes I was under the impression that he was too but yesterday some people were saying he's a hard no, now. 

Freeman I'm not sure what's up with him, his district had tons of people talking in favor so not sure what's up there, maybe waiting on the CBA too.

Vercher is a sponsor on some of the other legislation for the stadium so I don't get why she is a no now. She raised a stink about adding the affordable housing to the SP Zoning in an amendment, so if that happens I would think she would be a yes.

The others I'm not too sure on, combinations of just hard nos and not liking the 10 acres like Henderson.

I'd love to see a whip list from CM Sledge to see who we all should target with emails, I'll ask him and see if he has an idea.

Edited by PaulChinetti
addition
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, bhibbs said:

asked on twitter and didnt get an answer:

all of these CM's that are abstaining and just "not voting", are they able to do that on the final vote?
if so, what they hell are they there for?

You can abstain final vote. I don't expect many to though. They are probably abstaining because they haven't fully made up their mind (or maybe some simply couldn't make it in attendance). I'm hopeful some want the final CBA signed before they vote.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

Just remember when you are their age and the younger generation wants something, think back on this day for a learning moment. They don't realize this is for the next generation of Nashvillean's  and not for themselves they need to be worried about. When you turn 60 you may have 20 more years and a lot of these folks looked way past that.

This have given me an entirely different perspective on NIMBYs and people getting on in their years. I never want to be like this ever. I've made that pact with myself to always approach each project with an open mind, no matter where or what it is. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

Just remember when you are their age and the younger generation wants something, think back on this day for a learning moment. They don't realize this is for the next generation of Nashvillean's  and not for themselves they need to be worried about. When you turn 60 you may have 20 more years and a lot of these folks looked way past that.

I probably won't be able to remember much when I reach that age. I was just commenting on how divided the demographics looked in the video. I by no means think the city should cater to a group just based off of age. It just seems with all things nowadays it is the extremes on either side. I have only skimmed over a few on the No MLS side,  so maybe there are a few that are younger? 

4 minutes ago, bigeasy said:

I probably won't be able to remember much when I reach that age. I was just commenting on how divided the demographics looked in the video. I by no means think the city should cater to a group just based off of age. It just seems with all things nowadays it is the extremes on either side. I have only skimmed over a few on the No MLS side,  so maybe there are a few that are younger? 

There are definitely the younger few but they are saying exactly the same thing as the older crowd. 

I was sitting there yesterday thinking, how far along this process could have been if they (the anti-crowd) would have just gotten on board with the idea from the beginning. The referendum doesn't allow things to go away but they could have pushed for more earlier and gotten a custom built for their exact needs, flea market facility. Everything and anything they wanted. Just seems like they have spent so much time fighting this, you have to wonder. when/if it passes how much they (NSH & Ingram) are going to work with them after they have been crapping (to put it nicely) all over the process and individuals for months. I imagine the desire to do the bare minimum will be strong. 

• Like 2

Ok I have to vent again.....(Why am i listening to the anti crowd???) One guy said that soccer should go to Percy Warner Park because nobody goes there (really???) and it is dreary. That coyotes breed there and they eat the neighborhood dogs and cats and are a safety concern for kids.                          W....T.....F is he talking about

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, japan said:

Is there going to still be trouble with the CBA since it isn't really enforceable by Metro?  At least one of the councilpersons seemed to be peeved by that.

The 20% affordable can be written into the SP zoning change. Which would be amendable on the 3rd reading, Colby said during the 3rd reading he would be more than happy to do that.

Starting here.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1