Soccer in Nashville

Nashtitans

I think y’all are going about this all wrong. We need to all show up at one of these council meetings wearing the red “no MLS” shirts and act so racist and so xenophobic that the council feels they have to vote for the stadium plan to save face! Give speeches casually mentioning the “Jewish MLS conspiracy,” state that “we like the fairgrounds now, without their kind! (while glaring at the closest minority),” etc. Then we bring in the old lady from Tommy Boy to knowingly talk about how any changes to the fairgrounds are sure to bring a rise in prostitution: 

• Haha 4

From Colby Sledge on FB

"Also, in case it's helpful to share with people you know, here's the electronic version of what members received Monday night. Has some really good info in it."

https://issuu.com/sledgefor17/docs/2018_08_27_council_exhibits

18 minutes ago, grilled_cheese said:

Is this facebook?  Which group?

https://www.facebook.com/karen.r.porter.7

Just out in the open on this ladies FB page. 

"Soccer & busses both suck ass...."

Doesn't care for buses either, ha.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, nashvylle said:

I can’t determine if this is good or bad for MLS

I wish Ingram would say he is supportive and SMI would say they want MLS... they could provide more parking to the area. 

I am happy to see that Mayor Briley at least had an informal meeting with SMI about the future of the speedway! I think the fact that Bruton Smith (CEO of Speedway Motorsports) led the campaign for the Charlotte MLS club speaks volumes to at least his interest in bringing MLS into the larger fold. Ingram has his hands full just making sure he can get the development off the ground (and make money off the circus lol). I am sure that SMI would need to have the lease re-written to at least what CM Swope requested and it would only be fair that the racetrack gets the same terms that the stadium would get. I said this before, but having a partner such as SMI would tremendously improve what the racetrack could do. There is also a small concern about what would happen to the local racing with such a big promoter.

Also the fact that the Tennessean headlined Dale Earnhardt Jr. as "Deal Earnhardt Jr" is very sad, simple proof read would go a loooooong way.

Guys...I'm in a disagreement with a friend over the numbers.  She's getting her numbers from a friend of hers who is a No-MLS guy...so I need to come back at her with real numbers.  I've been looking back in this thread, page after page, and I'm wondering if there's one piece of info in this thread that has a bullet-point of all of the actual numbers...because she's throwing numbers at me that I know are bogus.  I just want to be able to adequately rebut her because she actually lives in Nashville (I'm in Smyrna) and is believing this guy's misinformation.

29 minutes ago, titanhog said:

Guys...I'm in a disagreement with a friend over the numbers.  She's getting her numbers from a friend of hers who is a No-MLS guy...so I need to come back at her with real numbers.  I've been looking back in this thread, page after page, and I'm wondering if there's one piece of info in this thread that has a bullet-point of all of the actual numbers...because she's throwing numbers at me that I know are bogus.  I just want to be able to adequately rebut her because she actually lives in Nashville (I'm in Smyrna) and is believing this guy's misinformation.

@PaulChinetti?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, titanhog said:

@titanhog I have put together a financial analysis. DM me with your email and I'll send to you. 

• Like 3

Very nice @nashvylle!!    I doubt some of those additional areas for parking would ever be used, esp the businesses since games could be going on during their business hours. Also, Coca-Cola is a fenced in lot.

Somewhat related, but I was browsing google maps around the area as well and noticed how much space graveyards takes up around town. I am sure it could be a touchy subject for some people, but in my mind they are such a waste of space. I never realized home much acreage just the Woodlawn Funeral Home (133 acres) and Mt Olive Funeral Home (203 acres) take up.