Sign in to follow this  
vicupstate

Grand Bohemian Hotel

This has so much potential. If done correctly it will upgrade an already amazing Falls Park. Looking at their other properties I'm sure it will be done right and will be a destination on the other side of the bridge.

5 hours ago, apaladin said:

With 160 rooms and a small footprint this should have some height to it correct? 

I hope not. Height in that area would not look right. 

• Like 1

Well, with that many rooms and accompanying space. Height is to be expected. So we would have to imagine the first floor would have administrative office, restaurant, and museum space. Then account for minimum 10 to 15, maybe more, rooms per floor. Being in that tight a space. Well you do the math. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MAJIKMAN said:

Well, with that many rooms and accompanying space. Height is to be expected. So we would have to imagine the first floor would have administrative office, restaurant, and museum space. Then account for minimum 10 to 15, maybe more, rooms per floor. Being in that tight a space. Well you do the math. 

Would think 10-12 floors...it's a small area which dictates height for 160 rooms. Sorry height police...

Edited by cabelagent

Camperdown is going to be the equivalent of 13-14 stories and most of the new buildings around here are over 100 ft too, so who should complain about height?

Im actually surprised the new office building isn't taller next to the bridge. 

• Like 1

I heard that the plans for this were unveiled today but I haven't seen anything. Anybody have the scoop on this?

this should be pretty nice! Seems to be respectful of the river/park in terms of height and site development. The ground floor activity will be awesome to have! 

• Like 1

intrigued by the spaces marked what looks like "future development" across Falls Street... Wyche's real estate holding vehicle owns all of it.  

I like the look of this. The fact that is looks different from so much of the recent development is GREAT in my book. 

• Like 1

These sketches signify how a reasonably attractive architectural structure can be incorporated into the natural scenery of a historic urban park.

• Like 3

Looks really really great.  Regarding height, if well done, I am good with making exceptions here and there.  I would think that those staying at the hotel (and those marketing the rooms) would want mountain views if possible as well as views of the falls.  Might not be even possible with all of the development around it though.