• 2 weeks later...
On 3/6/2021 at 7:18 PM, SVL said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Is there going to be a footpath on the hotel side of the river? I thought I remember seeing what looked like one down to the base of the falls and extending down the river in some of the conceptual drawings.  it looks like they did clear a lot along the banks.

2 hours ago, gvegascple said:

Is there going to be a footpath on the hotel side of the river? I thought I remember seeing what looked like one down to the base of the falls and extending down the river in some of the conceptual drawings.  it looks like they did clear a lot along the banks.

I've seen drawings that show not only a footpath along that side, but also a foot bridge down towards Church Street. That would be pretty cool but I imagine a footpath on that side will be extremely challenging due to the slope. 

On 3/8/2021 at 11:29 AM, SVL said:

I've seen drawings that show not only a footpath along that side, but also a foot bridge down towards Church Street. That would be pretty cool but I imagine a footpath on that side will be extremely challenging due to the slope. 

IMG_3011.jpg

IMG_3005.JPG

IMG_3009.JPG

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, gman430 said:

Something is WRONG here. It doesn’t have a flat roof. And chimneys with a cobblestone roof??? :shok: That does it. I’m contacting the DRB first thing tomorrow morning. :angry: :D 

Yeah they really fell asleep at the wheel and let this one by them. Truly let us down here!:D

Great pics by the way!:good:

• Haha 2

Visited Falls Park this weekend and was blown away by the scale of this building.  It is massive and will look incredible when it's finished.  It really works there.  Great job by the design and development team.  It's a building I think that will look "Of" the park.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
22 minutes ago, SVL said:

Randomly found their hiring page for General Manager. Hopefully they are still on track for a late summer opening but from what I'm seeing, it'll be fall. Whenever they open, I will book a room and hopefully be among the first guests to ever stay there. I think this building will be around for a very long time, and it would cool to be to say I was among the first guest to experience it.   

https://www.hcareers.com/jobs/general-manager-1624176/

Edited by GVLover
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, SVL said:

This photo reminds me of a scene from the popular PBS show 'This Old House'.  Does anyone here know if they're using real cedar shingles, or a composite alternative?  I assume it is composite/artifitial because maintenance of real wood siding on a building this size would be daunting.  If real, then will they leave the siding "natural," or will they paint it?

5 hours ago, GVLover said:

Randomly found their hiring page for General Manager. Hopefully they are still on track for a late summer opening but from what I'm seeing, it'll be fall. Whenever they open, I will book a room and hopefully be among the first guests to ever stay there. I think this building will be around for a very long time, and it would cool to be to say I was among the first guest to experience it.   

https://www.hcareers.com/jobs/general-manager-1624176/

I agree that it is a nice idea. :tw_thumbsup:

15 hours ago, Skyliner said:

This photo reminds me of a scene from the popular PBS show 'This Old House'.  Does anyone here know if they're using real cedar shingles, or a composite alternative?  I assume it is composite/artifitial because maintenance of real wood siding on a building this size would be daunting.  If real, then will they leave the siding "natural," or will they paint it?

I agree that it is a nice idea. :tw_thumbsup:

This is from the FB post:

"Using natural materials to preserve our surroundings is key.
This is the first installation of over 30,000 square feet of stunning cedar shingles that will be installed to help bring our vision to life!"

Sounds like it is real cedar shingles.

• 3 weeks later...