Grand Bohemian Hotel

vicupstate

7 hours ago, NewlyUpstate said:

Apparently a few of the higher level people on the restaurant side have left the hotel, including the Executive Chef. Not a good sign...

This is indeed true. There’s a job listing out right now for a new executive chef there: 

https://www.hospitalityonline.com/jobs/2116114-executive-chef 

They should close it down and turn it into a Chick-Fil-A. :D 

Edited by gman430
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was wondering in a anyone here has stayed at the hotel. I was reading some reviews online and they are surprisingly mixed.  I know every place is going to get some bad reviews but there are quite a few very negative ones with similar themes; mainly things like hot water not working or taking forever, poor management, unhappiness with the value to cost ratio, and trouble with getting customer needs met. I wonder if these are legitimate, or just spoiled rich people that want to complain. It's a beauty for sure and the museum and artwork are first rate; at least to me.

6 minutes ago, distortedlogic said:

I was wondering in a anyone here has stayed at the hotel. I was reading some reviews online and they are surprisingly mixed.  I know every place is going to get some bad reviews but there are quite a few very negative ones with similar themes; mainly things like hot water not working or taking forever, poor management, unhappiness with the value to cost ratio, and trouble with getting customer needs met. I wonder if these are legitimate, or just spoiled rich people that want to complain. It's a beauty for sure and the museum and artwork are first rate; at least to me.

I've heard that they've had staffing issues, but I'm not sure the full extent of what that means or actually translates to for a guest's experience. I sure hope they get their act together.

• 3 weeks later...