Grand Bohemian Hotel

vicupstate

• 2 weeks later...

5 hours ago, gman430 said:

Rise and shine. It’s tower crane time. This will be the most tower cranes downtown Greenville has ever had up at one time since the city was established and incorporated in 1831.

DD126668-66B0-4934-B5DE-FCA35CF984EF.jpeg

Cool to see. 

So we have 2 for Camperdown, one for the Courthouse, and this one for Bohemian so that will be four right? I still think we had at least four or five sometime within the past couple years; I think one for the hotel across from Flour Field, one for the Apt buiding near it, one for the hotel near the DT post office, and one for Camperdown, and maybe one other. I distinctly remember reading an article from a visitor a couple years ago who wrote "a half dozen cranes dot the skyline," and I remember counting 5, but I can't say for sure what all of them were. I think there have also been a number of boom cranes as well at times; reardless, we'll have 4 here. Anyone know when the McLauren will get underway, that could make 5, any others? 

30 minutes ago, Spero said:

How many tower cranes were up in 1831

Wondered that too; maybe one each for the new courthouse, jailhouse, schoolhouse, churchhouse, general store, and saloon! :P

1 hour ago, distortedlogic said:

Cool to see. 

So we have 2 for Camperdown, one for the Courthouse, and this one for Bohemian so that will be four right? I still think we had at least four or five sometime within the past couple years; I think one for the hotel across from Flour Field, one for the Apt buiding near it, one for the hotel near the DT post office, and one for Camperdown, and maybe one other. I distinctly remember reading an article from a visitor a couple years ago who wrote "a half dozen cranes dot the skyline," and I remember counting 5, but I can't say for sure what all of them were. I think there have also been a number of boom cranes as well at times; reardless, we'll have 4 here. Anyone know when the McLauren will get underway, that could make 5, any others? 

Wondered that too; maybe one each for the new courthouse, jailhouse, schoolhouse, churchhouse, general store, and saloon! :P

The max we have had up at once before today is three. A lot of the ones you mentioned were put up and taken down at different times some just within a few weeks of each other. You also have to remember that Camperdown had their tower crane taken down for a while. I don’t count boom cranes within this list either.

The project at David Francis and East Broad might have a tower crane also. 

Edited by gman430

1 hour ago, gman430 said:

The max we have had up at once before today is three. A lot of the ones you mentioned were put up and taken down at different times some just within a few weeks of each other. You also have to remember that Camperdown had their tower crane taken down for a while. I don’t count boom cranes within this list either.

The project at David Francis and East Broad might have a tower crane also. 

That's probably it then, I know we've had five or more counting booms. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/1/2019 at 8:05 AM, gman430 said:

55-BC975-A-DD3-E-4-C21-B97-D-4-DB402-B79

Really like this one, with so many undeniable signs of growth.  Loved the cranes in Asheville's skyline and love them in Greenville's skyline.  I understand the concerns of some people regarding rapid growth, but this is where I don't mind seeing it - the Upstate's heart of urban activity.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, GVLover said:

Does anyone know why this project is moving along so slowly? Seems like it should be at least four floors by now. 

It's a complicated site to build on. Now that it's getting to street level (no more retaining walls and foundation work), I imagine it will start to move noticeably faster.