Grand Bohemian Hotel

vicupstate

4 hours ago, GvilleSC said:

It's a complicated site to build on. Now that it's getting to street level (no more retaining walls and foundation work), I imagine it will start to move noticeably faster.

It will look awesome on the site when completed....should be a tourist attraction as the falls.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Am I the only one that thinks they should close the ramp to church street so they can expand the park and have a continuation of the plaza space and trail on that side of the river? If they could  somehow get rid of these ramps and redo the area circled (either remove ramps or make them actually useful ramps), then I think it would make that area more cohesive and further encourage a huge redevelopment there.

Screenshot_20200403-143312_Maps.jpg

• Like 4

On 4/3/2020 at 2:34 PM, johnpro318 said:

Am I the only one that thinks they should close the ramp to church street so they can expand the park and have a continuation of the plaza space and trail on that side of the river? If they could  somehow get rid of these ramps and redo the area circled (either remove ramps or make them actually useful ramps), then I think it would make that area more cohesive and further encourage a huge redevelopment there.

Screenshot_20200403-143312_Maps.jpg

Not familiar enough with Greenville to know how feasible this is, but would an alignment like this work?

851601023_greenvillereallignment.thumb.jpg.38c3022e8fc571484e5ba8fd9457d1e1.jpg

The grey is where the new route would go, and the green spots would be removed.  Cleveland St would end at New Road, and the Cleveland St bridge and exits would be removed.  New Road would start at Oakland St, intersect US-29, and end at Falls St/Camperdown Way.

• Like 1

On 4/3/2020 at 10:24 PM, distortedlogic said:

Everytime I see the name of this hotel I want to break into song...

Is this the real life? 

Is this just fantasy?

Caught in a landslide

No escape from reality...

:lol:

I wonder if some change will need to happen because of the "Bohemian Cafe" within the same business district causing a mistaken association?

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/12/2020 at 12:02 AM, apaladin said:

Is it just me or does it seem like this project is going extremely slow? It started coming out of the ground almost a year ago(May'19) and only 3-4 floors so far. I'm sure it's gping to look great when complete. 

The foundation and bank stabalization work looked pretty damn complex and time consuming. Since that's all been complete it's been going up pretty steadily

• Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...