Sign in to follow this  
dan326

Extra-Baton Rouge Development

This thread for developments that may affect Baton Rouge that don't occur in the metropolitan area.

These should probably really go in the New Orleans thread but... :)

Airport, British Airways make it official: New Orleans to London flights to start in 2017

After a four-year courtship, New Orleans airport officials made it official Thursday, announcing that British Airways will begin offering nonstop flights to and from London starting in March.

The flights, slated to begin March 27, will connect New Orleans to London's Heathrow Airport four times per week.

+5
102116 NO to London flight
BY DAN SWENSON | The Advocate

They're scheduled to leave London at 3:40 p.m. and arrive in New Orleans at 7:40 p.m. on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays. Departing flights will leave New Orleans at 9:10 p.m. on the same days and arrive in London at noon the next day.

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/news/business/article_3c251ff0-9651-11e6-bf51-437f2d6c71b5.html?sr_source=lift_amplify

I didn't know New Orleans had 7 non-stop flights.

Choice Aire to begin nonstop flights from New Orleans to Honduras in December

Choice Aire, which offers public charter flights operated by Florida-based XTRA Airways, plans to begin nonstop service from New Orleans to Ramón Villeda Morales International Airport in San Pedro Sula, Honduras, starting Dec. 17.

The year-round flights will depart Louis Armstrong International Airport on Wednesdays and Saturdays, officials said.

A round-trip fare for the roughly three-hour flight starts at $499.

The latest route will give the New Orleans airport nonstop service to seven international destinations, officials said.

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/news/business/article_f9d812f6-9d4e-11e6-89c9-bff1f7881ec6.html?sr_source=lift_amplify

Yeah poor New Orleans UP thread probably  needs some activity...they have not had a post there in too long....

The NOLA "International" airport ONLY being about 80 miles away is probably why BR Metro Airport will always stay 2nd tier(even w improvements)...simply too close

Austin TX had this problem with San Antonio being in close proximity ...but they had the luxury of recently relocating at a defunct Air Force Base that is much larger

^Yeah, I've consigned myself to that fact. It would be nice if they could have a bullet train from our airport to theirs.

I think the focus at BTR just needs to be more connections to domestic hubs.    

Having MSY nearby is a good thing for Baton Rouge overall though.   It can be difficult getting to and from MSY if you live in Baton Rouge.   I-10 is very volatile and frequently has tie ups that can cause you to miss a flight.

• Like 1