Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GRDadof3

GVSU Downtown Development

585 posts in this topic

As I was saying to Prankster last night at PWCD, not a bad summer. Three surface lots and a Burger King bulldozed to make way for real construction! :thumbsup:

2B58D2902B8F11DAA1F51A9D18F73B1D.jpg

Edited by GRDadof3

As I was saying to Prankster last night at PWCD, not a bad summer. Three surface lots and a Burger King bulldozed to make way for real construction! :thumbsup:

Burger King is gone? Wow, I haven't been there in a while I guess.

EDIT:Didn't mean to quote the picture :)

Edited by twoshort

Burger King is gone? Wow, I haven't been there in a while I guess.

EDIT:Didn't mean to quote the picture :)

Sorry, twoshort. I meant the BK up by Spectrum ;)

Sorry, twoshort. I meant the BK up by Spectrum ;)

Ah.. my fault, should have known. I was just assuming the one over by GVSU. I didn't think I was that out of the loop :D

gotta have one burgerking downtown though, its the only restaurant that feeds my need for creepy people in royal costumes.

post-2434-1127515866_thumb.jpg

Edited by snoogit

gotta have one burgerking downtown though, its the only restaurant that feeds my need for creepy people in royal costumes.

But it would sure be nicer if it was built into a base of a skyscraper, versus a stand alone suburban style drive thru restaurant.

They had groundbreaking for the addition today. Our friend Jenny G. was there to kick off the celebration by "tearing down a wall". It was a prolific speech, "Tearing down walls to education! Tearing down stereotypes of engineers! Tearing down that ugly Eberhard Center behind me (What's that? They're leaving it up, whoops :blush: )

http://www.mlive.com/news/grpress/index.ss...9330.xml&coll=6

Sorry, no renderings from me. :(

They had groundbreaking for the addition today. Our friend Jenny G. was there to kick off the celebration by "tearing down a wall". It was a prolific speech, "Tearing down walls to education! Tearing down stereotypes of engineers! Tearing down that ugly Eberhard Center behind me (What's that? They're leaving it up, whoops )

http://www.mlive.com/news/grpress/index.ss...9330.xml&coll=6

Sorry, no renderings from me.

Man, I can't find one anywhere. Anbody here work for Progressive, Pioneer or GVSU development center?? :whistling: We need more clandestine operatives.... :shifty: :D

Man, I can't find one anywhere. Anbody here work for Progressive, Pioneer or GVSU development center?? :whistling: We need more clandestine operatives.... :shifty:

You forgot the right icon... i'll bring him in :ph34r:

You forgot the right icon... i'll bring him in :ph34r:

Ah yes, how could I forget that one. You can only fit so many on to one post. They gotta loosen that up a bit :D

OK, this is the best I could find so far:

WebFuture.gif

Don't know, might need a better rendering to make a final decision :unsure:

OK, this is the best I could find so far:

WebFuture.gif

Don't know, might need a better rendering to make a final decision :unsure:

:huh: Doesn't look very good from that angle. But I'll wait for a better pic before I start complaining. :D

:huh: Doesn't look very good from that angle. But I'll wait for a better pic before I start complaining. :D

First it was Azzar turning his buildings into "shabby chic". Then came the world class castle and moat from Joe Moch. Then the great wall of DeVos for the new children's hospital. Now this new age Jetson looking building from GVSU. Will you people never be satisfied? :P

First it was Azzar turning his buildings into "shabby chic". Then came the world class castle and moat from Joe Moch. Then the great wall of DeVos for the new children's hospital. Now this new age Jetson looking building from GVSU. Will you people never be satisfied? :P

Heck no! Besides, we are satisfied with several projects: Jade Pig in EGR, terra firma's on Grandville, Union Square, River House...just not the ugly ones! (Moch, GRAM, DeVos wall, etc) :D

Hey guys. First time posting on here. Here are a couple of floorplans for the new building. I know these don't show anything of the outside, but someone here may appreciate them. They are very large, so I just have links to view them using IE rather than putting them in the forum.

http://www.carefreecompservices.com/images/FirstFlrfull.jpg

http://www.carefreecompservices.com/images/2ndFloorzoom.jpg

http://www.carefreecompservices.com/images/3rdflr.jpg

The second two don't work :( Definitely interesting. Thanks chieflenny and welcome aboard!

are there no renderings of this thing available? maybe there is a gvsu student around here who could wander in to the university development office :whistling::D

are there no renderings of this thing available? maybe there is a gvsu student around here who could wander in to the university development office :whistling::D

You still look young enough to pass for a student. :ph34r:

I'm sure some people here could pass as a professor... :ph34r:

Hmm I still have my ID too.... :whistling:

I'm sure some people here could pass as a professor... :ph34r:

Hey, take it easy on the old people jokes. Remember, old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill. :D

Sorry about the bad links...it was a LONG day and I was trying to do 20 things at once. I got the drawings from an inside source who works for WGVU. They are doing a lot of shifting around inside of the building as well and the TV station admin offices are being moved. I am trying my hardest to get more outside renderings.

My brother that works in the Eberhard Center recently told me that the project is on hold. They have not received the money that the state promised them and until that happens construction won't start.