GVSU Downtown Development

On 2/27/2021 at 9:55 PM, joeDowntown said:

Mt. Vernon near GVSU is being turned into a pedestrian mall. Starts this Spring. 

https://www.gvsu.edu/gvnext/2021/gvsu-to-develop-pedestrian-mall-on-pew-grand-rapids-campus.htm

AE0B0AA2-56EA-4FF2-A2D1-285B276F5E9E.jpeg

So the billboard.  Is that a long term lease in place that can't be broken?  

Glad this project is moving forward.   How does the Rapid station under 131 look, don't think I've seen the finished product.

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I swear, this obsession with brown and beige in Grand Rapids is starting to get depressing.  Let's see some creativity.

One bag of Cheetos + 15 minutes = wa la...

Are you suggesting we should send variety packs of Frito-Lay product to various local design firms, to see if it assists in adding aesthetics and common sense to potential upcoming projects?

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, mpchicago said:

So the billboard.  Is that a long term lease in place that can't be broken?  

Glad this project is moving forward.   How does the Rapid station under 131 look, don't think I've seen the finished product.

Personally, I think the stations under the bridge look so-so. They added a lot of weird flourishes that I think won't age well. I think they'll be well used, and 131 provides a nice cover from the elements, but I feel like they missed the mark on the boulevard/fencing, etc. 

Joe

3 hours ago, joeDowntown said:

Personally, I think the stations under the bridge look so-so. They added a lot of weird flourishes that I think won't age well. I think they'll be well used, and 131 provides a nice cover from the elements, but I feel like they missed the mark on the boulevard/fencing, etc. 

Joe

Also, there's almost no signage on the westbound side...not even "Pew Station." Maybe it's just not in yet?