Jump to content

markhollin

TruHotel/Hampton Inn dual brand in Gulch, 8 stories, 214 rooms, 164 car garage

Recommended Posts

A new dual-brand hotel is coming to the South Gulch at 602 9th Avenue South.  Shailesh Patel, a hotel developer based in East Tennessee, is heading up the $35 million, 8-10 story project that will split 200 rooms, parking levels, and amenities between Tru by Hilton and Hampton Inn & Suites brands.  Estimated completion will be September of 2019. There will be another 11-story Tru Hotel being built just 5 blocks away that is supposed to be finished by summer of 2018.

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2016/11/14/new-millennial-hotel-coming-to-the-gulch.html

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2016/11/14/35-million-tru-hilton-hampton-inn-hotel-project-planned-gulch/93818630/

No renderings yet, but here are what the some of the interior of the Tru by Hilton portion should look like:

Screenshot 2016-11-14 11.02.28.png

Screenshot 2016-11-14 11.02.55.png

Screenshot 2016-11-14 11.04.41.png

Here is the existing warehouse that will be razed for the project:

 

58238c2c13aec_6029thAve.Southhotelsite1Nov_2016.jpg.cfc0512ba00db8e39bf560069fb85638.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


11 minutes ago, titanhog said:

With Patel saying the hotel will be 8 or 9 floors...it will look, at least slightly, different than those renders.

....And hopefully, will add considerably more to the neighborhood than the warehouse.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heres the other Tru Hotel and home 2 suite they planning for Sobro will be built where the strip club is ,

I wonder why they're building two of them so close together its like Hilton and Marriott are competing with each other. that's so many in the area of different brands

image.jpeg.aeb69a2599f2c14769229196630f6297.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The hotel has been approved by MDHA today.  Will be 8 stories, with 214 rooms, and a 164 capacity garage. The dual brand will share 650 sq. ft. of meeting space, a fitness center, and swimming pool.  Trotter De Foe is handling architecture, and Civil & Environmental Consultants are also participating.

No word on demo of existing warehouse, groundbreaking, or completion date.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21047961/mdha-approves-concept-for-gulch-hotel

Hampton Inn:Tru Hotel, Gulch, Feb 19, 2019, render.png

 

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the hotel site highlighted in teal at the center of the frame:

Hampton Inn:Tru Hotel, Gulch, Feb 19, 2019, site map.png

  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally!  After the past few weeks I've become more aware of the amount of foot traffic in this part of The Gulch.  The new Stock and Barrel restaurant serves the best burgers, fries and onion rings in Nashville IMO.  I plan to eat my way through the menu over the rest of this year.  This hotel is a good addition to the neighborhood, though I'd like to have seen more than eight floors.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Mr_Bond said:

Finally!  After the past few weeks I've become more aware of the amount of foot traffic in this part of The Gulch.  The new Stock and Barrel restaurant serves the best burgers, fries and onion rings in Nashville IMO.  I plan to eat my way through the menu over the rest of this year.  This hotel is a good addition to the neighborhood, though I'd like to have seen more than eight floors.

Stock and Barrel is pretty good.  It think the fries are duck fat fries...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, japan said:

Stock and Barrel is pretty good.  It think the fries are duck fat fries...

The ONLY way fries should ever be made. And for anyone looking to dine on Broadway, Merchant's has incredible duck fat tater tots!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ll  have to try stock and barrel sometime the menu looks tasty but I will never step one foot in merchants again. I was giving a $100 gift card from a close friend to merchants many years ago. So I took a friend there one night and they wouldn’t take the gift card. They told me that they had switched gift card company’s and the previous company had clear all their card amounts. My bill was $113 dollars and that was a lot for someone who only made $ 8.00 a hours back then. After that I said I’d never return and I still haven’t 13 or14  years later. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Buildtall said:

I’ll  have to try stock and barrel sometime the menu looks tasty but I will never step one foot in merchants again. I was giving a $100 gift card from a close friend to merchants many years ago. So I took a friend there one night and they wouldn’t take the gift card. They told me that they had switched gift card company’s and the previous company had clear all their card amounts. My bill was $113 dollars and that was a lot for someone who only made $ 8.00 a hours back then. After that I said I’d never return and I still haven’t 13 or14  years later. 

I’m pretty sure the ownership of the business has changed since then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

City contractors working on piping along Fogg St. (I think that's what this one block strip is called) between 8th Ave. South and 9th Ave. South. The warehouse facing the street is to be razed for the Hampton Inn/Tru duel brand.  Might be a good sign that things are starting to get ready with infrastructure. 

 

Hampton Inn. Tru Hotel duel barnd, Gulch, June 2, 2019.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That would make 3 Hampton Inns downtown. Not overly impressed by the design of this one. 

Hampton art.png

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

That would make 3 Hampton Inns downtown. Not overly impressed by the design of this one. 

Hampton art.png

It's like 6 different facades on one building. At least it won't be boring.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.