TruHotel/Hampton Inn dual brand in Gulch, Phase I: 14 stories, 300 rooms, 2,300 sq. ft. retail, 145 car garage

markhollin

Looking more and more like this was purely a sophisticated land bank operation. My guess is that if they sold this site now, they would get close to $15 million for it.

Three years after landing Metro approval, Knoxville-based development company The 9 Group has yet to being construction of a two-hotel structure in The Gulch and the project’s status remains unclear.

The 9 Group, via Sachchidanand Hotel Gulch LLC, paid $6.9 million for the roughly 0.9-acre property in late 2016, according to Metro records.

Company officials could not be reached for comment regarding why the project has yet to start and if the effort has been scrapped. Founded in 1976, The 9 Group offers no company website or major online presence.

An early-2018 groundbreaking originally had been tentatively eyed.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/status-unclear-for-planned-gulch-hotel-project/article_615c0dc8-d22e-11ec-9a65-3b478f0068ac.html

• Like 1

I wouldn't be mad if something else replaces the original plan.  At least something in the 15-25 story range at minimum.  I'm not a big fan of the dual brand hotel structures.  Well, at least not what I've seen with Hilton.  Now, if they want to do what Marriott did in NYC with the Courtyard - Residence Inn dual property, then by all means go for it.  That hotel is 68 stories.  I stayed on the 54th floor once and the room had views of the Hudson River, Central Park and practically all the buildings bordering the park and the river.

At 750 feet high with 68 stories, The Courtyard-Residence Inn Central Park has been recognized as the USA's tallest hotel building.  

• Like 3

On 5/13/2022 at 11:13 AM, PillowTalk4 said:

I wouldn't be mad if something else replaces the original plan.  At least something in the 15-25 story range at minimum.  I'm not a big fan of the dual brand hotel structures.  Well, at least not what I've seen with Hilton.  Now, if they want to do what Marriott did in NYC with the Courtyard - Residence Inn dual property, then by all means go for it.  That hotel is 68 stories.  I stayed on the 54th floor once and the room had views of the Hudson River, Central Park and practically all the buildings bordering the park and the river.

At 750 feet high with 68 stories, The Courtyard-Residence Inn Central Park has been recognized as the USA's tallest hotel building.  

Recently made mention of this property in the Marriott string...impressive.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • markhollin changed the title to TruHotel/Hampton Inn dual brand in Gulch, Phase I: 14 stories, 300 rooms, 2,300 sq. ft. retail, 145 car garage