TruHotel/Hampton Inn dual brand in Gulch, Phase I: 14 stories, 300 rooms, 2,300 sq. ft. retail, 145 car garage

markhollin

A new dual-brand hotel is coming to the South Gulch at 602 9th Avenue South.  Shailesh Patel, a hotel developer based in East Tennessee, is heading up the $35 million, 8-10 story project that will split 200 rooms, parking levels, and amenities between Tru by Hilton and Hampton Inn & Suites brands.  Estimated completion will be September of 2019. There will be another 11-story Tru Hotel being built just 5 blocks away that is supposed to be finished by summer of 2018.

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2016/11/14/new-millennial-hotel-coming-to-the-gulch.html

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2016/11/14/35-million-tru-hilton-hampton-inn-hotel-project-planned-gulch/93818630/

No renderings yet, but here are what the some of the interior of the Tru by Hilton portion should look like:

Screenshot 2016-11-14 11.02.28.png

Screenshot 2016-11-14 11.02.55.png

Screenshot 2016-11-14 11.04.41.png

Here is the existing warehouse that will be razed for the project:

58238c2c13aec_6029thAve.Southhotelsite1Nov_2016.jpg.cfc0512ba00db8e39bf560069fb85638.jpg

The hotel has been approved by MDHA today.  Will be 8 stories, with 214 rooms, and a 164 capacity garage. The dual brand will share 650 sq. ft. of meeting space, a fitness center, and swimming pool.  Trotter De Foe is handling architecture, and Civil & Environmental Consultants are also participating.

No word on demo of existing warehouse, groundbreaking, or completion date.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21047961/mdha-approves-concept-for-gulch-hotel

Hampton Inn:Tru Hotel, Gulch, Feb 19, 2019, render.png

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the hotel site highlighted in teal at the center of the frame:

Hampton Inn:Tru Hotel, Gulch, Feb 19, 2019, site map.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Finally!  After the past few weeks I've become more aware of the amount of foot traffic in this part of The Gulch.  The new Stock and Barrel restaurant serves the best burgers, fries and onion rings in Nashville IMO.  I plan to eat my way through the menu over the rest of this year.  This hotel is a good addition to the neighborhood, though I'd like to have seen more than eight floors.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Mr_Bond said:

Finally!  After the past few weeks I've become more aware of the amount of foot traffic in this part of The Gulch.  The new Stock and Barrel restaurant serves the best burgers, fries and onion rings in Nashville IMO.  I plan to eat my way through the menu over the rest of this year.  This hotel is a good addition to the neighborhood, though I'd like to have seen more than eight floors.

Stock and Barrel is pretty good.  It think the fries are duck fat fries...

• Like 1

I’ll  have to try stock and barrel sometime the menu looks tasty but I will never step one foot in merchants again. I was giving a $100 gift card from a close friend to merchants many years ago. So I took a friend there one night and they wouldn’t take the gift card. They told me that they had switched gift card company’s and the previous company had clear all their card amounts. My bill was $113 dollars and that was a lot for someone who only made $ 8.00 a hours back then. After that I said I’d never return and I still haven’t 13 or14  years later. 

32 minutes ago, Buildtall said:

I’ll  have to try stock and barrel sometime the menu looks tasty but I will never step one foot in merchants again. I was giving a $100 gift card from a close friend to merchants many years ago. So I took a friend there one night and they wouldn’t take the gift card. They told me that they had switched gift card company’s and the previous company had clear all their card amounts. My bill was $113 dollars and that was a lot for someone who only made $ 8.00 a hours back then. After that I said I’d never return and I still haven’t 13 or14  years later. 

I’m pretty sure the ownership of the business has changed since then. 

• 3 months later...

City contractors working on piping along Fogg St. (I think that's what this one block strip is called) between 8th Ave. South and 9th Ave. South. The warehouse facing the street is to be razed for the Hampton Inn/Tru duel brand.  Might be a good sign that things are starting to get ready with infrastructure. 

Hampton Inn. Tru Hotel duel barnd, Gulch, June 2, 2019.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...