Holiday Inn SoBro, 15 stories, 190 ft., 228 rooms, $70 million, mid-2018 completion, NW corner of 4th Ave. S. & Peabody

markhollin

New renderings of the 228-room, 15-story Holiday Inn at NW corner of 4th Ave. South and Peabody were released today:

http://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20842190/new-image-released-for-holiday-inn-eyed-for-sobro 

New images:

Looking west along Peabody:

imageproxy-1.jpg

Looking east along Peabody:

imageproxy.jpg

Here are some renderings from April and June of 2015:

Looking west along Peabody:

Screenshot 2016-11-14 19.05.29.png

Looking NW at corner of Peabody and 4th Ave. south:

B9316881786Z.1_20150406172712_000_GG4AEC36N.1-0.jpg

From the Nashville Post a few days ago:

The MDHA design review committee approved the concept plan for a Holiday Inn and Suites proposed for SoBro.

The committee said Nashville-based Pinnacle Hospitality Partners still will need to provide more design details and modifications before final overall approval is given.Pinnacle’s plan calls for a 15-story hotel building that would rise 190 feet.

If constructed, the hotel building would sit at the northwest corner of the intersection of Peabody Street and Fourth Avenue South with an address of 415 Fourth Ave. S. Pinnacle has created Pinnacle Fourth and Peabody for the effort.

In April 2015, the MDHA committee voted down the project, expressing concerns about the proposed 228-room hotel building's height and accompanying sidewalks. The site sits within MDHA's Rutledge Hill redevelopment district and, as such, committee approval is needed.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Nathan_in_DC said:

Anyone aware of any plans for the existing Holiday Inn on 10th? Seems like this is ripe for a remodel or tear-down once they get this one opened up.

Something certainly needs to be done. It's a travesty that two of the first buildings you see when driving into the downtown on Broadway is that hotel on the left and the hideous federal building on the right. I'd personally like to see them both go and make way for developments that are eye-catching in a good way.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Neigeville2 said:

I think I've said this before, but at the risk of repeating myself, I think that Federal Building is a fine example of Eisenhower era architecture, which is at that awkward stage where it's out of fashion but not old enough to look historic.  Give it a couple of decades and it will come into its own as a respected style.  They could do something more interesting in terms of land-/streetscaping.  That church across the street has amazing landscaping even though they have only a couple of tiny strips about 2 feet wide.

I may be too hard on the federal building. I guess my issue is that, unlike other older buildings along Broadway (e.g., Union Station, the Frist Center, Christ Church Cathedral, the Customs House, etc.), I don't feel like the federal building contributes much architecturally. But I'm totally willing to admit it's probably just a matter of taste.

And we can all agree that the "Lifeway and its ugly suburban parking lot," as Nathan_in_DC so aptly put it, needs to go.

Edited by Canuck87
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, Nathan_in_DC said:

Anyone aware of any plans for the existing Holiday Inn on 10th? Seems like this is ripe for a remodel or tear-down once they get this one opened up.

I've been wondering about this ever since the Lifeway campus was sold.  Such an eyesore on such a prominent Broadway location.  Surely the owners will do something with this in the next few years with all the new (much nicer) hotels coming online the next 3-5 years.  An extensive remodel or something (ANYTHING), please!!

7 hours ago, bmkTN said:

I've been wondering about this ever since the Lifeway campus was sold.  Such an eyesore on such a prominent Broadway location.  Surely the owners will do something with this in the next few years with all the new (much nicer) hotels coming online the next 3-5 years.  An extensive remodel or something (ANYTHING), please!!

The owners paid $125mm for developable land in a prime location. They didn't buy it to leave it as is in perpetuity. There happens to be some buildings on top of that land.   They may salvage a building or 2, but most will be scraped off. One Hyatt hotel already announced for the property (groundbreaking 2017?... don't know). The rest will come over the next 10 years or so...my guess. 

• 3 months later...

Moving eastward in Sobro... along a four block stretch of Third Avenue in Sobro, you'll have Drury's hotel, BWSC's office, LC's apartment blocks, and Hilton Tapestry hotel. Then City Lights two blocks over. Then just east of that, the 20-story (residential) drive-in movie screen and suburban low rent, er rise, office at the trolley barns.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

Tree removal permit issued. Have heard this is about to happen soon.

This area of SoBro is going to be crazy over the next 2 years as we should have the following under construction about the same time in a four block area.

Holiday Inn 4th and Peabody, 14 stories

The Joseph 4th and KVB, 21 stories

Tri Brand Marriott 5th and KVB, 21 stories

Margaritaville hotel 5th and Peabody NW corner, 12 stories

Hilton Dual Brand 5th and Peabody SE corner, 10 stories

Hyatt House 5th and Lea est., 6 stories

Beach company 6th South , close to 6th and, Lea 10 stories

William at the Post will need to do a story on "Crane Wars."  Will really be fascinating to see how they all coordinate and don't swing into each other.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, markhollin said:

William at the Post will need to do a story on "Crane Wars."  Will really be fascinating to see how they all coordinate and don't swing into each other.

Haha!  You'll probably end up with at least a couple of cranes perched at double the finished height just to have room to swing.

• Like 1