Holiday Inn SoBro, 15 stories, 190 ft., 228 rooms, $70 million, mid-2018 completion, NW corner of 4th Ave. S. & Peabody

markhollin

Do you guys really think the Tapestry hotel will not happen? Thought the property was purchased last week.  It would be at the very right (just outside) the picture. At the very least, I think it's more likely than the One World proposal. That one to me is quite flimsy.

The sheer amount of hotels is just staggering to me. Yes, with a few exceptions, they're not huge, but the sheer number of hotels and cumulative rooms is plainly a bet on Nashville holding big events in the near future. 

On 4/7/2017 at 1:48 PM, nashville_bound said:

DF Chase has been winning an extraordinary number of these recent hotel projects...

Good for them, but have they actually started building any of these projects yet? First in my memory is the Virgin Hotel with its interminable delays and complete lack of any meaningful progress. It would provide a nice boost of confidence if they actually had a few shovels in the ground.

46 minutes ago, Vrtigo said:

Good for them, but have they actually started building any of these projects yet? First in my memory is the Virgin Hotel with its interminable delays and complete lack of any meaningful progress. It would provide a nice boost of confidence if they actually had a few shovels in the ground.

Didn't they build the Westin with those incredible windows?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Crane is all the way up now for Holiday Inn SoBro.  

BTW, I'm not fully knowledgable on various tools of the trade.  What exactly is the t-shaped tower in the foreground that was just erected for the Marriott TriBrand?  Is it to help in pumping cement?

Looking east along Peabody Ave. at intersection with 5th Ave. South:

Holiday Inn SoBro crane, June 5, 2017.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

From Nashville Post:

Nashville-based Pinnacle Hospitality Partners has landed a major permit related to its 15-story Holiday Inn project underway in SoBro.

The permit, valued at about $15.8 million, will allow for foundation and structural frame work. Nashville-based DF Chase is the general contractor.

The hotel building will sit on a .57-acre site located at the northwest corner of the intersection of Peabody Street and Fourth Avenue South with an address of 415 Fourth Ave. S. The 230-room building will rise 190 feet.

Pinnacle created Pinnacle Fourth and Peabody for the effort and obtained a loan of about $60 million from Nashville-based Pinnacle Financial Partners, according to Nashville Business Journal.

Memphis-based Bounds and Gillespie Architects (design) and Nashville-based HFR Inc. (civil engineer) are involved in the project.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...