markhollin

Holiday Inn SoBro, 15 stories, 190 ft., 228 rooms, $70 million, mid-2018 completion, NW corner of 4th Ave. S. & Peabody

This is a nice Holiday Inn! Hopefully whoever runs the one on 10th x Broadway will get the hint to sell... but probably not.

• Like 4

Looking north from alley between 5th Ave. south and 4th Ave. South, 1/2 block south of Peabody St:

Holiday Inn So Bro, Nov 22, 2018, 1.jpg

Looking east along Peabody St. from intersection with 5th Ave. South:

Holiday Inn So Bro, Nov 22, 2018, 2.jpg

Looking west from 11th floor of Hilton Garden Inn Suites:

Holiday Inn SoBro, Dec 2, 2018.png

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Nash_12South said:

Not bad, but I question - why change the light fixture types, right at the corner(4th picture)? Looks like a mistake.

Probably trying to demarcate the main entry portal. That's my educated guess at least

I've stayed in two or three Holiday Inns that have been nicer than I expected them to be but I'd be ecstatic if I booked a room in a Holiday Inn and it looked like this.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TheRaglander said:

I guess the Omni just said “f*ck it” with their lights.  Should have gone taller!

They haven’t had their lights on permanently at night for quite a while. They only turn them on for special events now. 

• Like 3