Holiday Inn SoBro, 15 stories, 190 ft., 228 rooms, $70 million, mid-2018 completion, NW corner of 4th Ave. S. & Peabody

markhollin

16 hours ago, NashvilleObserver said:

Oh my god.... a  bar made entirely of reclaimed barn wood :tw_skull::tw_skull: gross

I keep thinking this trend will fade away.   Seems every new hotel that has opened in the last 3 years has some version of the barn wood theme.     In another 5 years, the look will be dated and all these places will renovate.     Dumpsters all over town will be full of barn wood.       

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, CenterHill said:

I keep thinking this trend will fade away.   Seems every new hotel that has opened in the last 3 years has some version of the barn wood theme.     In another 5 years, the look will be dated and all these places will renovate.     Dumpsters all over town will be full of barn wood.       

I certainly hope so. There is nothing wrong with having some local inspiration though. It will be interesting to see how these hotels age. The good thing is that Nashville is in its "golden age" of hotels so for those who are hospitality buffs it is a very exciting time.  Although I don't foresee me doing anything more than walking through the lobby of most new hotels.

Need to throw in lumps of manure to give it that real authentic feel and smell.  Once you get your boots on it will feel like you are walking through pasture dodging piles of crap!  Yee haw, c'mon down now, ya hear?!   Instead of toothpicks you can have pieces of straw or your choice of chewin' tabacky.

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 9:34 AM, CenterHill said:

Perhaps the trend will evolve from half rotted boards to more sophisticated woods.  Just in case, my 6000 s .f. barn is clad mostly in cherry and walnut.  :tw_mrgreen:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

To each their own. I actually really enjoy the aesthetic of barn wood and the rough cut simplicity of it.

Part of the trend behind the barn wood is the re-purposing of the material. Not trashing it because it has lived its original life, but rather using it in other items. For example, a gentleman in East tore a ton of wood of his 3-season porch and sold it to me and I'm going to build 2 or 3 head boards out of it.

Edited by Bos2Nash
  • Thanks 1

On 3/29/2019 at 3:46 PM, Bos2Nash said:

To each their own. I actually really enjoy the aesthetic of barn wood and the rough cut simplicity of it.

Part of the trend behind the barn wood is the re-purposing of the material. Not trashing it because it has lived its original life, but rather using it in other items. For example, a gentleman in East tore a ton of wood of his 3-season porch and sold it to me and I'm going to build 2 or 3 head boards out of it.

I find wood to be beautiful in almost all of its forms.  Recently discovered Fort Houston off Wedgewood where one can rent time on a table to use a room full of woodworking machines and make whatever you want.  Check it out!

https://www.forthouston.com

• Like 2

Don't get me wrong.   Wood IS beautiful as a design element.    I am a huge fan of incorporating beautiful hardwoods as much as possible into interior design (I don't include plywood in this category - sorry, Kid Rock).   I'm actually a fan of the weathered barn wood look - both from an aesthetic and sustainability point of view.    I've used it myself.     I was just commenting on the trend with so many of the new hotels/restaurants all going for the same look.                 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 8 months later...

Almost Friday Sporting Club will be opening a restaurant/bar/sports betting venue inside of the Holiday Inn SoBro. No word on how many square feet, or when it will be open.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2022/08/30/almost-friday-sporting-club-to-open-in-downtown-na.html

And behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/retail/sobro-hotel-building-slated-for-sports-bar/article_b78dfbf6-27d9-11ed-a94a-1bc9cba86660.html

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Almost Friday Sporting Club restaurant/bar/sports betting venue has opened inside the Holiday Inn SoBro.

More at TheTennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/picture-gallery/money/2022/09/14/almost-friday-sporting-club-nashville-photos/10368255002/

Pics courtesy of Stephanie Amador at The Tennessean:

Holiday Inn SoBro, Almost Friday sporting Club, Sept 14, 2022, 1.png

Holiday Inn SoBro, Almost Friday sporting Club, Sept 14, 2022, 2.png

Holiday Inn SoBro, Almost Friday sporting Club, Sept 14, 2022, 3.png

Holiday Inn SoBro, Almost Friday sporting Club, Sept 14, 2022, 4.png

Holiday Inn SoBro, Almost Friday sporting Club, Sept 14, 2022, 5.png

Holiday Inn SoBro, Almost Friday sporting Club, Sept 14, 2022, 6.png

Holiday Inn SoBro, Almost Friday sporting Club, Sept 14, 2022, 7.png

Holiday Inn SoBro, Almost Friday sporting Club, Sept 14, 2022, 8.png

Holiday Inn SoBro, Almost Friday sporting Club, Sept 14, 2022, 9.png

• Like 3