Margaritaville Hotel,12 stories, 145 ft., 215 rooms

markhollin

2 hours ago, Flatrock said:

This hotel screams mid-century modern  - at least to my aesthetic. Combine that with some classic Americana kitsch. Let's have some fun. I don't wanna take everything too seriously here in Nashville. I like the hotel. If the parrot disappeared, it wouldn't kill me, but no biggie. :-)

It seems to have a sort of Las Vegas / Cabo vibe to me. I don't think that's necessarily bad in the SoBro area. That area has the potential to become very sterile and glassy with all these new modern box-hotels. Margaritaville seems like it will be a fun place to stay, especially in the summer! I'd rather stay there and enjoy it, than at a cheaply-built Westin or Hampton Inn.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, FromParkAveToTN said:

Lawd Have Mercy... Do we really need another hotel? It's really getting ridiculous. I'm ready for this building bubble to burst. I left New York to get away from that, now it's here.

Get away from what?  Progress?  Construction?  With as much as you complain about 'change' you seem more like the small town type.  Ever considered a move to Bucksnort, TN?  You can get your Prada bags online these days anyway.  

44 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

Get away from what?  Progress?  Construction?  With as much as you complain about 'change' you seem more like the small town type.  Ever considered a move to Bucksnort, TN?  You can get your Prada bags online these days anyway.  

Don't go knocking Bucksnort!  I hear downtown Bucksnort may double or triple in size within the next 5 years if that new Quik Sak chooses them.  I hear it's between them and Weiner, Arkansas.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, titanhog said:

Don't go knocking Bucksnort!  I hear downtown Bucksnort may double or triple in size within the next 5 years if that new Quik Sak chooses them.  I hear it's between them and Weiner, Arkansas.

Hahahaha... A Quik Sak would be such a major get for Bucksnort!  People would surely be flocking from miles around just to be near those low low prices on Hostess Cupcakes and chewing tobacco.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bhibbs said:

im of the mind that our friend Fromparkave like to have fun on this board and get all you riled up, i always love seeing all of the reactions.

That could be, but I'm of the mind that if a 'running joke' runs for two years plus and it's all that person ever really says, then it's probably not a joke. :)

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

It could be due to parking and the fact that they may not be able to go as high as they may have wanted. That particular lot has a huge storm sewer running beneath it and it also goes under the Tri brand Marriott and the Joseph lot not allowing for large underground parking structures. The other issue is it could be a smaller than originally planed lot.

Just speculation.

17 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

It could be due to parking and the fact that they may not be able to go as high as they may have wanted. That particular lot has a huge storm sewer running beneath it and it also goes under the Tri brand Marriott and the Joseph lot not allowing for large underground parking structures. The other issue is it could be a smaller than originally planed lot.

Just speculation.

So, are you saying the city wouldn't let them go higher, even with those factors mentioned?

I think the max height for that corner is 12 or 15. I do not remember. You have to realize this will not front KVB, just 5th and Peabody.

I have also heard there was an issue with one of the land owners. I do not know how many parcels they purchased or wanted to purchase. I do know they closed on the corner parcel about a year ago.

I get a lot of information talking to workers on the street and many times they are wrong, so I take it with a grain of salt.

For instance, I spoke to two different workers at the JW Marriott site that said the third crane would not go up until one was down and they were wrong. They also said there was to be a high-rise starting on the site of the Crescent Demonbreun site starting this month. That has not happened either, but there are several rumors that is going to happen but not just yet.

• Like 4

The Nashville Post article has now been amended.  The Room count is actually 215 now (the first version of the article said 140, but it had been listed as 238 originally).  The floor count has dropped from 15 to 12.  No new renderings available at this time. I have adjusted the thread title accordingly.

http://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20854616/groundbreaking-soon-for-sobro-margaritaville-hotel

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

From the Nashville Post:

Groundbreaking for a 12-story Margaritaville Hotel eyed for SoBro seemingly has taken a step forward with property owner Safe Harbor Development having landed a permit to raze a nondescript concrete block building on the site.

The hotel — the project price tag for which has been reported at about $65 million — will have an address of 425 Fifth Ave. S. The property sits one-half block south of the Music City Center.

Nashville-based ESa is the architect.

Dem Tech Inc., also based locally, will handle the demolition of the building with the permit valued at $18,000.

Safe Harbor, which is based in Knoxville, is targeting a late 2018 completion for the project.

Safe Harbor has not announced a groundbreaking date.

• Like 2