Margaritaville Hotel,12 stories, 145 ft., 215 rooms

markhollin

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Bos2Nash said:

Pardon my ignorance, but there didn't seem to be a lot of subterranean work/excavation at this site. being that it is shorter than others around it, does it not need to be that much extensive??

There is a large water main and sewer line that runs directly under that site, as well as others in that area that will not allow for foundational depth.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, markhollin said:

There is a large water main and sewer line that runs directly under that site, as well as others in that area that will not allow for foundational depth.  

Gotcha! That prompts another question about underground utilities though. Are the underground utilities and services in Nashville kind of a cluster (I've done very light reading alluding to it)? I ask because as I went between this project and the Olmstead the other day I couldn't help but squirm a bit cause of the atrocious looking utility lines that are above ground in that specific area. Why are these major developments not required to do underground utilities??

• 4 weeks later...

A permit is valued for $24.2 million has been issued for JE Dunn handling construction for the 12 story hotel. structure at the northeast corner of the intersection of Fifth Avenue South and Peabody Street.

52 of the rooms will be Margaritaville Vacation Club by Wyndham timeshare units.

Also, a JWB Grill restaurant will be part of the development. “JWB” are the initials of singer-songwriter Jimmy Buffet.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21006685/major-permit-issued-for-margaritaville-hotel-project

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to write a message using the curtains at that place. Anyone have a universal key?  Could easily have it say I AM going vertical on the left side of the elevator shafts and UGLY on the right side.  Or maybe TEAR ME DOWN 

Edited by bigeasy
  • Haha 3