• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Just now, chriss752 said:

I'll get this out of the way first, I'm new! Yay! Now down to business, that hotel's exterior looks nice but the rooms look cheesy. I know they are going for a tropical vibe but still. Hopefully the actual rooms will turn out to be better looking than what the renderings show. Either way, great to see this rising. Has it made an impact yet (sorry I don't this answer, I'm from STL. Just checking in)?

Welcome!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chriss752 said:

I'll get this out of the way first, I'm new! Yay! Now down to business, that hotel's exterior looks nice but the rooms look cheesy. I know they are going for a tropical vibe but still. Hopefully the actual rooms will turn out to be better looking than what the renderings show. Either way, great to see this rising. Has it made an impact yet (sorry I don't this answer, I'm from STL. Just checking in)?

Welcome to the forum. My opinion is the enire project is cheese, but we need a little cheese to go with our meat and taters. Make sure you try and check out a forum meet. There is a pinned thread. First Saturday of the month.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, chriss752 said:

Welcome to the forum. To answer your last question, no this one won’t really register that much, it’s primarily infill in that part of town. It’s mostly high-teens, low-20s in that area, in regards to floor count. 

• Like 1

On 11/26/2018 at 12:28 PM, Jamie Hall said:

I like the imagery of the outdoor palm trees, but can those things survive extended cold weather? I thought there was a reason palm trees are found mostly in warm locations.

https://www.plantdelights.com/blogs/articles/cold-hardy-palms-windmill-needle-palm-tree-weather

Many of these are hardy to USDA Plant Hardiness Zone 7b but Nashville is in Zone 6b, two zones colder.  The only Zone 7b in Tennessee is a small triangle-shaped piece of Shelby county in the far southwestern corner of the state.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CenterHill said:

Wow.    I had no idea.    I want one.   

Trachycarpus fortunei Tennessee Form (Tennessee Windmill Palm)

Thanks to palm collector Will Taylor of Athens, Tennessee, for sharing seed of a Trachycarpus fortunei that has been growing and fruiting for years at his home in Zone 7a, between Knoxville and Chattanooga, Tennessee. Will originally purchased these from a local nursery in 1996, and they have endured -2 degrees F, unprotected in the ground. (Hardiness Zone 7b-10)

Trachycarpus fortunei Tennessee Form

With some protection on the coldest nights, this would survive in Nashville.  My plants live on my balcony 100' above street level and I've found that I need at least a 6a rated plant.  The last freezes of the year in late March and early April have killed more than one, so I now protect them during these nights by gathering the pots and wrapping them in a large canvas dropcloth, then putting a small space heater in the middle of the clump of pots.  So far, so good.

• Like 1

JW Marriott seems to be the only hotel I've seen built that lived up to expectation. I mean I love the infill and hotels but some of the designs look like they need to be on West end  and some of the West End Hotels need to Be In the Core.

I Feel the Drive over KVB coming into the City  Should Be Impressive Mix .Eye catching Developments  with Retail 

• Like 3